WHAT DOES A LACE FRONT WIG REALLY MEANS?

Hello there! How are you doing? Have you ever wondered what a lace front wig really means or how to adjust a wig? Today we'll talk about all of that. I'll also be introducing Wiggins hair site to you. This site offer you a wide variety of natural hair wigs in different colours and textures to choose from. They even offer customization of the colour and EOM services. If you wonder what EOM is (I know I did), it is an acronym that stands for Original Equipment Manufacturer. As I understand, ordering EOM is a more affordable way to buy things because you skip the retail shops and order directly from an online site. Now, I can't talk about this site from the perspective of a customer because I have yet to try their products. Some of just haven't tapped into the whole wig experience yet, so this post will be mostly about what I learned about this subject. 

As far as I remember, I always liked my hair (well maybe not in the first grade when kids made fun of me because of how thick it was) but generally speaking I did.  My hair is one of the few things I know I never have to worry about. It's always been healthy and thick, no matter what I do with it. Dyeing it didn't do much damage nor did styling it. My hair is easy to style and maintain. That might be why I still haven't tried up styling a wig. If you don't have naturally thick hair or you're worried about damaging your hair with styling it, maybe trying out some wigs  can give you an added dose of confidence. Not that you need to be unsatisfied with your hair to try one. Today wigs are often used as fashion accessories. I think that trying a wig might be fun. As I said, I don't actually have much experience with wigs but I definitely can see their potential. I've always been happy with my hair, but that doesn't mean I don't see the advantages of wigs. Being happy with your hairdo is definitely something that will make you feel more comfortable.
Celebs have discovered the benefits of hair extensions and wigs a long time ago and they have certainly been using them to their advantage. I think in Europe, many people still don't realize that you can use wigs for fashion purposes. From what I learned watching YouTubers, more people (in general) wear wigs in the USA. Generally speaking, it seems that in the states, more people are knowledgeable about this subject than in Europe, but that might be changing because I do recall hearing girls talking about wigs. So, I think they're becoming a thing in Europe and other parts of the world as well. Do share if you have anything to add to the topic. Are wigs popular in your country? Do you have experience styling wigs? Do you have any tips to share? Do you think there are benefits to having a good wig? I always imagine it would be fun coming out of the house without anyone recognizing me. You know, ordering a wig that doesn't look anything like my natural hair so I could go out incognito. Seriously though, there  are many advantages to wearing a wig such as hiding a bad hair day, getting all dolled up for a special occasion or trying out a new look or hair colour without damaging our hair.


Now, that I realized there are many benefits to wigs, the question remains of choosing one for oneself. What kind of wig should one select? Well, that will depend on one's personal taste and preferences. Obviously human hair wigs are the most quality option. There are ways you can make synthetic hair wigs look more natural such as treating them with hair products such as lotions and balsam, but natural hair always looks best. That's what I think anyway. My experience with synthetic hair is limited to Barbie dolls, but that is what I heard from other ladies. Applying lotions does make synthetic hair looks softer, but it can never be as light weight and comfortable to wear as real human hair, that's for sure. Natural hair is the most natural option, and it is also the most comfortable one.


WHAT DOES A LACE FRONT WIG REALLY MEANS? 

I'm not very knowledgeable about this subject, I actually had to google lace frontal wig to see what it means. What I discovered is that a lace frontal wig is a kind of wig that is sewed manually and using one hundred percent human hair. The reason why lace front wigs are popular is because they create an effect of a natural hairline (I always wondered how they make wigs can look so natural). The reason why a lace wig is called that is because of the sheer lace that is located in the front, the thing that gives you an illusion of a natural hairline. Interesting stuff, isn't it? Everyone has seen celebs or other people wearing wigs, but often we don't realize how it is done. Well, I didn't know until now.


HOW TO TAKE MEASUREMENTS FOR WIGS? HOW TO MAKE WIGS FIT?

Many wigs are adjustable, but it is still good to take measurement to ensure a good fit. If the wig on a site doesn't have a size listed, then it will probably be a medium one.  Bellow you can see how to take measurements for a wig. To determine your size with precision you should measure your head in six steps: first measure the circumference, then the front to nape, then ear to ear from both the forehead and top of the head (first lay the measuring tape across your for forehead and then on top of your head and measure the distance to your ears), then measure template to template and finally the nape of your neck. When you're all done, check the chart to determine your wig size. Bellow you can see photographs with the instructions. 





* This post is sponsored, but all thoughts are my own. 



Comments

  1. Alcune danno un effetto davvero naturale... stupendee

    https://nettaredimiele.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your have gorgeous hair, and thank you for sharing about wig!
    When I was younger, I used to have a wig because I wanted to enjoy another hairstyle.
    My wig was synthetic hair, so it was too hot on my head!!
    Recently my hair is thiner and thiner, so I would love to try human hair :)

    akiko
    www.akikohiramatsu.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Akiko. Yes, I imagine that synthetic hair is not as comfortable as human hair. I think I tried a wig for Halloween one and I remember being hot too.

      Delete
  3. Non sapevo nulla del mondo delle parrucche, ma secondo me alcune sono fighissime, qualche hìvolta ho pensato di prenderne una sai?
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very informative. I have never worn a wig (expect for Halloween as a little girl). Wigs could be a lot of fun to try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I learned something new today. Wigs seems like such a fun and easy way to try out new hairstyles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, it think they can be an easy way to try something new.

      Delete
  6. I never knew how intricate the wig making process was- amazing!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  7. I admit that I don't know the first thing about wigs, so your post is very educational. As for your hair, I'm not surprised you've always been happy with it: it is gorgeous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so interesting. I have worn wigs but they weren't like this. Now I want to try this type.
    XOOX
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never considered a wig but thanks for sharing what you learned! :)

    Hope that you are having a great week :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a useful and interesting post for reading. I hear for wigs, but I didn't know how "use" it, but after this post they seems perfect. They look so natural. Also you have amazing hair.

    New Post - http://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2019/05/dr-dennis-gross-skincare-spectralite_10.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. sono bellissimi *_* mi piacciono molto

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh Ivana, it is so cool to read stories about confidence and learn how to embrace ourselves :)

    And yes, I know about these wigs... actually I have a few and they are totally different from the unconventional wigs haha, actually there are many videos on Youtube that teach you how to make a professional look that can make you feel like a Hollywood actor getting ready to play a total different character, right?

    I love to play with hair, I think it is the best way to change personality from one minute to another.

    Best regards!
    Pablo
    www.heyfungi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So great you have a few. I really need to get one myself!

      Delete
  13. Oh wow! This post is packed with information that I never knew! I don't wear wigs but these are good to know. Thanks for sharing.

    xo, Maria
    https://www.miamiamine.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for all the info babe These wigs are so gorgeous xoxo Cris
    https://photosbycris.blogspot.com/2019/05/grayson-monae-because-looking-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. This was so interesting to read! I had no idea there were that many different types of wigs, but a lace front one sounds great.

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

The heart of a woman (an outfit post and a book recommendation / Srce žene (odjevna objava i preporuka knjige)

PLUS 30 WAYS TO WEAR A BABY BLUE DRESS AND LEOPARD HEELS (OUTFIT POST, MOSTAR)

THE ISLAND OF THE MISSING TREES BY ELIF SHAFAK (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

Sights to see, places to visit / Znamenitosti za vidjeti, mjesta za posjetiti -----Goranci

Fashion Illustration Friday: Inspired by Colours of Autum

Island Hvar inspired this necklace (outfit post)/ Otok Hvar je nadahnuće za ovu ogrlicu (odjevna kombinacija)

Not that pink dress again (outfit post) Ne ponovo ta roza haljina ( odjevna objava)

Lake Mostar (revisited) / Mostarsko jezero (ponovni posjet).

OZZ STUDENTS' FASHION SHOW, MENTOR FASHION DESIGNER STANKA ZOVKO (MOSTAR INTERNATIONAL FAIR)