Inspired By The Sea: Acrylic Paintings






Today I will show you some new sea inspired art I've been working on. I've painted two seaside landscapes lately and I'm working on some new sea inspired art. The medium for both of these paintings is acrylic on mixed art paper. I do like working on this kind of paper, it's a fun alternative to canvas. Soon I will have a new group exhibition and I'm looking forward to showing you those works as well. Do you love the sea? Are you inspired by the sea? With these two paintings, I really concentrated on the waves. I do love to watch the restless movement of the sea. When I used to live by the sea, I could stare at the sea for hours. There is something quite magical about it. A few years ago I wrote this (here):


'Science proved that life on Earth originated in the sea but in our hearts we must have had always felt it. Why otherwise would we feel so inspired by the sea? Who of us has not felt his or her heart opening up while mesmerized by the deep blueness of sea? Is it an echo of an oceanic birth of life? Is it our soul that wanders enchanted towards that greatest mystery? We feel the song of the sea, even when we don't understand it.'
 



WIP photograph of Stormy Sea
Sea Magic by IvanaKada
link




Work in process (final result here)

Beautiful Seaside Landscape by IvanaKada
link


 Stormy sea
Stormy Sea

 acrylic painting

Beautiful Seaside Landscape by IvanaKada
link


Available for purchase here (my tictail shop)

Into The Blue
link



link
      INSTAGRAM
MY SHOP (TICTAL)
  PINTEREST 

Comments

  1. Veoma interesantno Ivanice, bas mi se dopada :***

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the pillow ... perfect with soft colors in a room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sia Ivana che l'avevo visto su In e mi sono venuti in mente i pittori impressionisti, hai una pennellata molto bella e forte! Belli davvero questi dipinti marini!
    https://www.dontcallmefashionblogger.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. grazie, mi piacciano i pittori impressionisti.

      Delete
  4. I love all of these. You are so incredibly talented!

    http://whatmakesmesmileblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a lot :D

    awesome and cool final result my friend :D loved it!

    NEW TIPS POST | KONJAC SPONGES: THE NATURAL WAY TO CLEAN YOUR FACE. :O
    InstagramFacebook Official PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Working with new mediums can be so inspiring. How exciting that you will be showing your work in a new group exhibition. You've really managed to capture both the turbulence and the placidity of the sea in this work. I'm quite fascinated by the sea and wished I lived near one. Well at least we have rivers in New York ;p

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice pic, nice post!
    Have a great day!

    La ilusión de Nina - http://lailusiondenina.blogspot.com/
    Sunglasses Raffle on my last post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Meni se sviđaju ventili koje ti pronalaziš, da iskažeš svoju kreativnost. Jako lijepo more, divna plava boja.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hvala tu, da volim se baviti svačim pomalo.

      Delete
  9. I love how you're now applying your art to so many different areas - from fashion to the ocean! You've done a brilliant job here. I also really love 'seascapes' as they can be so calming and tranquil to look at; they also seem to resemble summer for me, as that's when I most often find myself around water :) Hope you're having a brilliant week so far, Ivana!

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very interesting dear) Have a nice weekend)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your painting is beautiful, and I love it on the tote bag! :) I really like spending time by the sea too, even if it's not something I get to do a lot of.

    Hope that you are having a great week so far :) I've managed to catch my first winter bug (only 2 weeks into winter, ha!) So it's a low key one here!

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect inspiration, dear! Happy weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous painting of the sea. I especially love the way you made the waves come alive through the use of a lighter shade placed strategically throughout the blue. The sea has always been a part of my visual mental cue when I take myself to a peaceful spot in my mind. And my two cats would be there as well. Hahaha. I am such a cat lady, I know. Anyway, I really love your soothing blue ocean art on the tote bag and the pillow and the phone casing even though it is stormy. The paragraph that you wrote about the sea in an old post was such a delight to read because I echo your thoughts about the sea and her womb-like nature :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's a part of my mental image of what peaceful means as well. Thank you.

      Delete
  14. Oh I so love the sea.. these are cute and awesome!
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com
    IG @grace_njio

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have a talent, girl! Keep it up!

    BLOG | INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  16. our this is so artistic
    https://www.melodyjacob.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks amazing! I want to jump into the Water. :)

    Happy Sunday, kisses

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

The heart of a woman (an outfit post and a book recommendation / Srce žene (odjevna objava i preporuka knjige)

PLUS 30 WAYS TO WEAR A BABY BLUE DRESS AND LEOPARD HEELS (OUTFIT POST, MOSTAR)

OIL PASTELS VS. WATERCOLOUR PENCILS (SPLIT, FIRULE BEACH)

Sights to see, places to visit / Znamenitosti za vidjeti, mjesta za posjetiti -----Goranci

THE ISLAND OF THE MISSING TREES BY ELIF SHAFAK (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

Fashion Illustration Friday: Inspired by Colours of Autum

What To See and Do in Hutovo Blato Nature Park in Summer? Exploring Bosnia and Herzegovina's Hidden Gems #1

Metković (outfit post/ odjevna objava)

Inspired by...Nadahnuta sa...