Inspired by... Natalia

Time for my Inspired by post! Unless you're a new to my blog, you've probably seen or heard about this feature before. Inspired by is a regular feature in which I do a painting or an illustration of a (fashion) blogger that I then share it with you. I've been doing this for a few years now, and it is definitely one of my favourite features on this blog. My February girl was Tijana (here), in March I illustrated Jess (here) and last month I shared with you two watercolour illustrations of Natalia (here) Today I'm sharing with you an acrylic painting inspired Natalia again. This time I illustrated two of Natalia's  outfits, you can see them here and here. Acrylic paints are not a typical choice for fashion illustration, but I like to break the rules a little bit. I loved both of these outfits and I opted for acrylics because why not?

 I've also wanted to share with you birch wood items Natalia has sent me. You could already see me wear them, but I wanted to take some up close photographs so you can have a closer look. These earrings are so pretty, aren't they? I think I didn't know about the Russian tradition of making  boxes and jewelry from birch tree until fairy recently. I love hand made things, especially traditional ones. What about you? Do you like hand made things? Do you like traditional crafts? Do you know a traditional craft? Have you every tried to learn one? I did learn embroidery, but I kind of did it on my own, tried to figure it out based on traditional embroidery I saw so I can't attest it is 100 %  traditional method. I'm not sure if embroidery counts, but if yes I know at least one traditional craft. I'd love to learn something else as well. I hope I'll get the chance. Thank you for reading & stopping by!


#modaodaradosti #fashionillustration


#modaodaradosti

two watercolour paintings vs. an acrylic painting








    INSTAGRAM
MY SHOP (TICTAL)
  PINTEREST 



Comments

  1. Oh those earrings are beautiful! I love the hairpieces too. What nice gifts!

    Great to see you trying different things and material with your artwork too. I don't have a creative outlet for crafting or artwork, unless you count blogging and youtube!

    Hope that you are having a great week so far! Almost the weekend! :)

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say that blogging is a creative outlet!

      Delete
  2. This is one of my favorite series which you feature. There's something so charming about traditional crafting because of the history and craftsmanship behind it. The birch wood pieces Natalia sent you are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those traditional pieces that she sent you are beautiful and you can see how much details in each piece.

    Shireen⎜Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  4. bellissime le illustrazioni, e stupendi gli accessori in legno, soprattutto gli orecchini!!!
    Anche io ho un fermacapelli simile che comprai quando andai in Russia diversi anni fa, ma non l'ho mai usato erp apura di rovinarlo!^^
    Baci!
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Estupendo trabajo!! feliz fin de semana!❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh WOW, dearest Ivana, these birch wood ornaments that Natalia has sent you, are really phantastic! So beautiful and rich in details. And I think like you, that Natalia is a very inspiring person! Your paintings of Natalia are great!
    Hugs my dear!
    Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.co.at/2018/05/alpaka-wanderung-in-den-leiser-bergen.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. The earrings and the hair accessory are really beautiful. I also liked the paintings. Such a huge talent.

    www.glamourzone.org

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks a lot :D

    OMG so amazing my friend!

    NEW #DRESSTOIMPRESS POST | CLEAN LINES ARE THE NEW BLACK :O
    InstagramFacebook Official PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prelepo, mnogo mi se dopada! :)


    http://www.couture-case.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those pieces are exquisite!! How wonderful of Natalia to send them to you!!!
    Isn't she just amazing??
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete

  11. excellent blog! this post is awesome.
    a little kiss.
    go through mine !

    https://carmenrodriguezir.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you are very talented! Great Post Ivana :)

    Happy Sunday, kisses

    ReplyDelete
  13. Prelepe ilustracije, a i ovaj drveni aksesoar ostavlja bez daha. Veoma originalno!
    Takođe, pohvalila bih i novi izgled bloga. Lepo, jednostavno i pregledno!

    Pusa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely post dear! Have a great week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. My heart sings when I see you experimenting with different media - it seems acrylics are new to your fashion illustration series, am I right? I am struck by the difference in the mood of acrylic illustrations vs. watercolors - bold and bright vs. soft and tender... Colors are just fantastic! Thank you so much for sending me your illustrations, dear Ivana, I will always treasure them! With my little presents, I wanted to make you feel appreciated, and I am glad if you do. <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. cool art from you. looks impressive.

    hugs
    Jennifer
    http://jennifer-femininundmodisch.blogspot.com/2018/09/vorstellung-meiner-2-neuen-perucken-my.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

Jadrolinija ferry ride, travelling from Split to island Hvar (outfit post)

10 STYLE LESSONS LEARNED FROM MALENA/ MONICA BELLUCCI

THE LATHE OF HEAVEN BY URSULA K. LE GUIN (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION )

A COMMISSIONED PAINTING OF A CHAPEL IN MOSTAR: ACRYLICS ON CANVAS- TRAVEL WITH MY ART #36

EUGENE ONEGIN, A VERSE NOVEL BY A. PUSHKIN (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION: ROADSIDE PICNIC BY ARKADY AND BORIS STRUGATSKY

VISIT STJEPAN'S FORTRESS IN LJUBUŠKI (HERZEGOVINA) WITH ME!

THE WONDERFUL WIZARD OF OZ BY L.FRANK BAUM (BOOK REVIEW)

HAPPY INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY- 15 READING RECOMMENDATIONS!