The Woman and The Sea....Žena i more

I'm coming out of the library. The air smells of sea. Not just any kind of sea. Autumn sea. I almost forgot what it felt like but now I remember it all. The sea always has a way of putting everything into perspective. The new season is here. The magic has begun. I let the moment linger, possibly because my mind has been calmed by an hour of reading modern Croatian poets. Literature is such a comfort for the mind. Among the pages, we find answers we didn't even look for. Besides the scent of sea, the air is different in another way. The evenings are getting colder. What I'm wearing as I'm getting away the libary isn't a lot different from the outfit I illustrated a few days prior. Flare jeans and turtlenecks have always had its place in my closet. Berets are a long favourite of mine as well. The only thing I seem to lack is a poncho. That might be why I illustrated this one. A poncho with red and orange stripes, linined with red pom poms. Who knows maybe somebody has already made it and I just failed to find it? Do you have a poncho in your closet?  If you do, how often do you wear it? Do you like flare jeans? Do you wear turtlenecks and polonecks? What is your favourite Autumn outfit? 

Izlazim iz knjižnice. Zrak miriše na more i to ne bilo kakvo more, već jesensko more. Skoro sam već zaboravila kakav je to osjećaj ali sada se ponovo sjećam svega. More uvijek, na neki svoj način, stavi sve u perspektivu. Novo godišnje doba je tu. Čarolija je počela. Puštam  trenutak da potraje, možda jer mi je um smiren nakon sat vremena čitanja modernih hrvatskih pjesnika. Književnost je velika utjeha za um. Između stranica nalazimo odgovore koje nismo ni tražili. Osim mirisa mora, zrak je drugačiji na još jedan način. Večeri postaju hladnije. Što nosim dok se udaljavam od knjižnice nije puno različito od ove odjevne kombinacije koju sam ilustrirala par dana ranije. Traperice na zvono kroja i dolčevite su uvijek imale svoje mjesto u mom ormaru. Već dugo volim i kape francuzice. Ono što mi nedostaje je pončo. Možda sam zato ilustrirala ovoga. Pončo s crvenim i narančastim prugama, obrubljen crvenim pomponima. Tko zna, možda ga je netko već napravio, a ja ga samo još nisam našla? Imate li vi pončo u svom ormaru? Ako da, koliko često ga nosite? Volite li traperice na zvono? Nosite li dolčevite? Što je vaša omiljena jesenska kombinacija?







Comments

  1. This is perfect! Great colors, love it ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice painting! specially jean ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful picture and wonderful written text :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Ivana, once again very lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice painting love this post ^^

    kisssesss ^^

    www.lovviez.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I kod mene more ponekad tako fino stvari stavi u perspektivu, pogotovo sad u ovim prvim jesenskim danima, mislim da čak u toj čaroliji više uživam kad nastupi to hladnije razdoblje! :)
    Ovaj pončo izgleda famozno i iskreno se nadam da ćeš ga negdje uspjeti pronaći. Ja ih jako volim, ali ih ne nosim jer sam prezimogrozna pa kad dođe ta prijelazna faza, odmah uskočim u kožnu jaknu i gotovo je :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. joj, ja sam isto jako zimogrozna, nema šanse da bez jakne izađem vani kada je hladno, ali nadam da će biti još toplih dana pa će i poncho doći na red.

      Delete
  7. I'm a huge fan on turtlenecks, flare jeans, berets and ponchos :) So you can tell why I really like the look on your illustration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice!

    www.bstylevoyage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nemam ni ponco ni ovakav kroj traperica, ali kad ih vidim kako dobro izgledaju na tvojoj divnoj ilustraciji naravno da ih odmah pozelim u svom garderoberu :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hvala Ivana, ja jako volim ovakve traperice (zvone ih zovemo u Splitu), a mislim da zvone uvijek laskaju i figuri.

      Delete
  10. Fantastic! Have a lovely day! Kisses:-)))

    xxBasia

    ReplyDelete
  11. The writing here is beautiful I can just picture it all! I love the smell of the autumn sea and those cooler evenings, just a few of many things I love about fall!
    I can't seem to pull off the turtleneck look, though I do think it is a beautiful piece to own.
    These pictures are stunning doll x

    Florals&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  12. This smell of the autumnal sea must be fantastic! Are there dolphins in the sea? I love to wear a turtleneck during autumn and winter, but I am a massive lover of poncho. Here is something what looks like comeback of the summer, is warm again, so I switched to my summer clothes one again... So good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there are dolphins but not near the coast, usually they're a bit further away because that is where the fish is. I often see dolphins when I'm on a ferry but I have never seen them walking by the sea.

      Delete
  13. I like it! Flared trousers-yes, ponchos-yes, berets-yessssss!!! I have a charcoal grey fairisle poncho which my husband bought for me the winter I broke my wrist!x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Definately, I also feel the smell of the Autumn in the air, the new season is coming, that's for a sure. What's more, I agree with you that literature is comfort for a mind - I'm backing for a reading at least 1 hour everyday and I always enjoy that time with book. What's more, you did great job on that illustration, that lady looks really stylish :) Hope you're having lovely evening, dear Ivana :)

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. So good to know you also enjoy your time with the book too.

      Delete
    2. thank you. So good to know you also enjoy your time with the book too.

      Delete
  15. Stupenda questa interpretazione!
    Alessia
    new post
    Thechilicool

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your writing is so beautiful! I've never worn a poncho myself, I find I'd find it a little difficult to style, since my fashion skills are lacking, haha! But I agree with you completely, darling, there is always a place for turtleneck jumpers, they're gorgeous and super comfy. :) Loving your illustration as always! I wonder what autumn sea smells like in Croatia, but I imagine it's absolutely beautiful. I actually live near the sea myself, but it's not that impressive. British autumns are grey, cold and rainy; not romantic and golden like they should be. ;) <3 I hope you're having a wonderful week so far! x x

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you dear. I think there is some romance to be found in grey Autumn as well. I would love to visit Britain:)

      Delete
  17. Such a cute illustration! I can totally picture in this outfit Ivana! I think my favorite fall outfit would be similar to my favorite spring outfit. Striped tee, jeans, trench coat, boots and maybe a beanie and scarf if it's chilly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Rowena, I can picture myself wearing this too:)

      Delete
  18. Ahahah ohn yeah dear :D

    Great post. I'm totallt fa of your draws :D

    NEW DECOR POST | Autumn Essentials At Home.
    InstagramFacebook Oficial PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. "Književnost je velika utjeha za um. Između stranica nalazimo odgovore koje nismo ni tražili." Kako si to divno rekla i koliko ima istine u tome. Zato mi je uvek žao kad neko ne voli da čita jer propušta toliko drugih svetova i šanse da sebe upozna na jedan novi način. Da, more miriše drugačije. I ovde se oseća ta neka promena iako je još uvek relativno toplo u toku dana. Kombinacija koju si nacrtala je nešto što bih i sama rado nosila, a ko zna, mošda te taj pončo sačeka kad se najmanje budeš nadala ;) Ja imam jedan braon sa resicima ali nisam ga još uvek nosila ove jeseni jer i dalje većinom nosim letnje stvari. Biće prilike :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nije mi se dalo tražiti pa sam ga sama ušila, bilo je puno lakše nego što sam mislila da će biti, doslovno pola sata posla:), a da imam mašinu bilo bi gotovo za pet minuta.

      Delete
  20. The illustrations are very nice.
    I love your blog texts and I love how you write and if your blog has to take another direction, do not worry because it is for your personal evolution and that's fine.
    Hugs.

    http://www.pperlenoirstyle.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

Jadrolinija ferry ride, travelling from Split to island Hvar (outfit post)

REPAINTING AND REPAIRING AN OIL ON CANVAS, A PAINTING OF ASSISI ( ITALY)

FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY:A SUMMER DRESS (STAEDTLER PENCIL WATERCOLOURS)

CIRCUS THEMED CREATIVE ARTS & CRAFTS ( DIY ) IDEAS FOR BOTH KIDS & ADULTS

FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY: LBD AND VINTAGE VIBES

THE ISLAND OF THE MISSING TREES BY ELIF SHAFAK (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

BLOGGERS ART GALLERY

HOW TO STYLE A BROWN FAUX LEATHER COAT?

BOOK REVIEW: MURDER IN THREE ACTS, A NOVEL BY AGATHA CHRISTIE