Four illustrations, one season/ Četiri ilustracije, jedno godišnje doba

I've decided to post these four illustrations together because they seem to match well. Furthermore, if I remember well, I had painted all of them one on the same day. The medium is watercolour on paper. Prior to colouring them, I had sketched them using pencil. You could have seen those original sketches if you follow me on instagram ( for exaple here I'm holding all of these sketches in my hand). To be honest, you probably won't miss much if you don't follow me on insta as most things I post about end up here eventually.  Back to the topic at hand, I often get asked whether I use pencil for sketching and my answer would have to be that it depends. Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't, depending on the effect I'm trying to achieve. 

Odlučila sam objaviti ove četiri ilustracije zajedno jer mi se nekako dobro slažu. Uz to, ukoliko se dobro sjećam sve sam ih naslikala istoga dana. Medij su vodene boje na papiru. Prije nego što sam ih obojala, skicirala sam ih koristeći olovku. Mogle ste vidjeti te originalne skice ako me pratite na instagramu ( na primjer ovdje držim sve te skice u ruci). No, da budem iskreno vjerojatno neće propustiti puno i ako me ne pratite na instagramu jer će većina stvari od tamo završiti ovdje prije ili kasnije. Natrag na temu, često me pitaju koristim li olovku za skiciranje i moj odgovor je da to ovisi. Ponekad da, a ponekad ne, zavisno o efektu koji želim postići. 








I like how these four illustrations look together, they all show outfits that are, in my opinion, very feminine and chic. The first one shows a rather bold colour combo of green, purple and pink. It may not suit everyone's taste but it something that I would like to wear. The second illustration is the most modern one among these four. I can imagine some fashionista or a fashion editor wearing something like this. Dark sunglasses completed with an interesting sweater, pencil skirt and killer heels. The third illustration shows one of my favourite trends this Spring and that is (drums please!!!) palazzo pants. I love pallazzo pants because they make every outfit more elegant and ladylike. The final illustration has a retro allure to it. I would love to have a shirt dress just like this one! I I did, I would make sure to pair it with the pointy heels from the illustration( I actually have a very similar pair to those that I painted and now I realize this pair of mine must have been the inspiration behind it). 


Sviđa mi se kako ove četiri kombinacije izgledaju zajedno. Sve pokazuju ruho koje je prema mome mišljenju vrlo ženstveno i šik. Prva pokazuje poprilično hrabru kombinaciju zelene, ljubičaste i roze, koja se ne bi svakome svidjela, ali ja bi baš rado tako nešto nosila. Druga ilustracija je najmodernija među ovima i mogu zamisliti neku modnu urednicu ili ženu koja prati modu da nosi nešto slično. Tamne sunčane naočale nadopunjene zanimljivim džemperom, suknjom olovka kroja i ubojitim petama. Treća ilustracija pokazuje jedan od mojih omiljenih trendova ovoga proljeća a to su (molim bubnjeve!) palazzo hlače tj. hlače posve širokoga kroja. Volim hlače ovoga kroja jer čine svaku kombinaciju elegantnijom i više damskom. Zadnja ilustracija ima neku retro draž. Voljela bi imati takvu košulju-haljinu, a kada bi je imala sigurno bi je nosila baš s ovakvima cipelama na špic s petom (zapravo imam jako slični par ovima naslikanima i sigurno me to nadahnulo za ovu ilustraciju). 







All in all, these illustrated outfits seem perfect for Spring, hence the title 'four illustrations, one season'. I almost forgot to mention this but when I painted these illustrations, some of the body positions were inspired by models from one vintage German catalque. Sometimes it is nice to look at photographs of models from old magazines or editorials to get new ideas about  posture. I try to avoid repetion in posture when it comes to my fashion illustrations. I want my fashion illustrations to look natural, so sometimes I study the different poses, trying to figure out what work work well with clothes that I want to pain. Nevertheless, I can't say that I used any photograph as a reference. I only do that when I paint other fashion bloggers. At the point, when it comes to the clothes and the faces on my fashion illustrations , they are entirely a product of my imagination. If I ever use a photograph as a reference, I will be sure to let you know what was it exactly that inspired me. I've been toying with the idea of drawing illustrations of designer clothes but I'm not sure will anything come of it. There is so much content on my blog that I'm simply not sure is there a space for another feature. 

Sve u svemu, ove četiri ilustracije mi se čine savršenima za proljeće, pa stoga i naslov ove objave glasi " Četiri ilustracije, jedno godišnje doba." Skoro sam zaboravila spomenuti, neke od ovih poza su nadahnute pozama modela iz staroga njemačkom kataloga. Nekad je dobro pogledati neke stare časopise ili kataloge s fotografijama modela za dobiti ideje o držanju tijela jer pokušavam izbjeći ponavljanje poza kada su moje ilustracije u pitanju. Želim da moje modne ilustracije izgledaju prirodno, pa ponekad proučavam različite poze, pokušavajući odrediti što bi najbolje išlo s odjećom koju želim naslikati. Ipak ne mogu reći da sam koristila neku određenu fotografiju kao referencu. To radim kada crtam modne ilustracije modnih blogera, ali trenutno kada su u pitanju moje modne ilustracije,  lica i odjeća, e to je je u potpunosti proizvod moje mašte. Budem li ikada koristila fotografiju kao referencu, svakako ću vam reći što me to točno nadahnulo. Već neko vrijeme se zabavljam mislima o slikanju dizajnerske odjeće, ali nisam sigurna hoću li krenuti s tim. Na mome blogu postoji već toliko sadržaja da nisam sigurna ima li mjesta za još jednu rubriku. 



Comments

  1. Odlicne su i veoma chic! Po ko zna koji put moram da te pohvalim, ilustracije ti postaju sve bolje i bolje. Prava si umetnica i samo tako nastavi. Super je kad covek prepozna svoj kreativni talenat i usavrsava ga.
    Ps. Favorit mi je kovrdzava dama na plavoj pozadini :-)
    Pusa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hvala ti puno..i meni se sviđa ova kovrčava, podsjeća me na jednu sličnu koju sam nacrtala.

      Delete
  2. Wow, you are so talented!

    http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Che bellissime illustrazioni Ivana! Mi piacciono soprattutto i colori!
    Diventi sempre più brava, la mia preferita è la terza, quall con i pantaloni palazzo! :)
    Baci!
    S
    http://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sono molto interessanti, mi piace soprattutto le combinazioni di colori!

    How to combine a trench for Spring
    lb-lc fashion blog
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing dear!!
    Kisses
    Ale
    http://alespinkfairytale.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been a huge fan of your blog for some time already and I must say that your illustrations have come a long way. they have always been good but it gets better and better with each post.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice draw!


    DadieB. ~
    dadiebradshaw.altervista.org

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lindos croqui, tenha uma semana maravilhosa.
    Blog:http://arrasandonobatomvermelho.blogspot.com.br/
    Canal:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmO8csZDARM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Ivana, fantastic! I love your four illustrations so much - you are really an artist. Not only what the women are wearing is really my taste, I love how they are posing and it makes me smile you got inspiration for the poses from an old German catalogue :) And last but not least you inspired me to wear green tomorrow! Thanks for the inspiration and this wonderful post.
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    Giveaway: You can win € 100! But He would love to Spend € 100
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you dear Rena! I'm happy you liked both my illustrations and the source of my inspiration.

      Delete
  10. Very interesting drawings! :)

    xoxo
    KvR

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW loved these illustrations. These perfectly showed the positive side of females, and YES they are very stylish and feminine. Great WORK :)

    http://ohladymania.blogspot.com/

    .

    ReplyDelete
  12. grate grate grate! Love your paints

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're really a great artist. You painted that on the same day?! You must be really passionate with what you're doing :)

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA // New Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, it is not what I do for a living but I'm very passionate about it.

      Delete
  14. These are all really lovely! Beautiful illustrations!

    Florals&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful illustrations! Love the colour combination in the first one. That is something I would wear as well! And I love those shoes in the last one. It's also so interesting how you come up with the postures of the models. You are so creative and talented. These are really such amazing works of art!!
    ~Lili
    www.thefashionsalt.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 you're very kind. I'm happy you like that and even more that you would wear them yourself:)

      Delete
  16. I love that you are adding some sexy touches into your work. The high slit dress and open belly are both very wow. Great stuff :)

    All Things Bright and Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Ivana you are one talented lady. Beautiful sketches. xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. These fashion illustrations are so lovely! You did a wonderful job dear!

    astylishlovestory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gosh, these are absolutely charming! I'm following you now on Instagram too, hun! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 so great that we were able to connect there as well.

      Delete
  20. Gorgeous illustrations, you are incredibly talented!
    http://fashion-soup.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. looks amazing :)

    please follow my blog : YOUNG BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ohhh, you are really spoiling us with all this beautiful art today, Ivana! Enjoyed this post so much & always love admiring your artwork. Like you said, I think these paintings look beautiful together - I think the background colours work really well, and they're all painted in a similar style but each one is very different and special in its own way. :) I love every single one, as always, but I think my favourite would have to be the last one... I adore the retro feel it has to it, plus I really like the pose you picked for it. :) They all look very natural which is something I've always found so difficult to achieve when painting! You art is just getting better and better. :) Thank you for sharing it with us! <3 Can't wait to see more. x x

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you dear Kay. I'm happy you like the background colours, I try to match them to an outfit in some way.

      Delete
  23. Slažem se s tobom, koloristički se odlično slažu i super da si ih stavila sve zajedno u post! Moj savjet, što se tiče nove rubrike, glasi da probaš jer nemaš što za izgubiti :) Ako ti se ideja već neko vrijeme mota po glavi, daj joj šansu, tko zna u kojem smjeru će otići!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your illustrations are so wonderful and full of joy x
    Yukova Fashion and Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  25. They really look good together :) Love your illustrations!

    http://www.mykindofjoy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. They are all equally stunning Ivana, great job dear! Baci, Valeria - Coco et La vie en rose NEW POST

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow! They all look amazing dear! I love them all! and yes, I agree with you,they all match hehehe
    I didn't know you have an Instagram account. I must follow you ASAP! :))

    love lots,
    Tin

    mypoeticisolation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. ¡Hey Ivana! You're really good at it! I'm an illustrator too and I can see a lot of my experiences portraited in this post, because at the end a lot of things are shaping how we draw and the things we want to put on a paper :D

    I encourage you to do as much as you can because I see that you really enjoy it and that's the most importante thing about it!

    And I agree with you: they all match and look good together, like a runway :D

    Pablo
    Fungi Express blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you very much Pablo, you're very kind. Yes, we are all often inspired by what we see, it is normal. There is a bit difference between copying something and being inspired by it...I think that in our heart we all know what it is.

      Delete
  29. Wow...bellissime illustrazioni Ivana 😍
    Chiara
    Www.chiaraangiolino.it

    ReplyDelete
  30. As always, your illustrations are so amazing! Love your talent of painting))
    Have a great day, Ivana))

    http://fairyland111.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. wow such great piece of work, Ivana!! You are so talented.
    Love the green, purple and pink combo. Would love to try it sometimes:)
    xo
    Epsita

    www.thepositivewindow.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Da, vidi se da radiš na pozama i mislim da si generalno otišla korak dalje. Jesu modne ilustracije u pitanju, ali nekako su i više od toga. Gledam svaku i čini mi se kao da će da oživi ili prohoda u svakom trenutku :) odlično izgledaju zajedno, kao i svaka pojedinačno, a kroj, boje i uopšte svaki detalj vezan za kombinacije su nešto što bih i sama rado nosila. Uživala sam :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. I really like each of your illustration, Ivana, personally I also think that green+purple+pink makes great, really chic combo, dear. Moreover, I love your drawing with palazzo pants, personally I'm to short to wear them, but the model from your illustration looks like star, what's more, I'm sure that if you're big fan of this trend, I'll see some of your outfit with them, because I'm curious how you will style them ;) Have a lovely evening, my dear!

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  34. I like the smiley one best!x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Mislim da se nikako ne bi trebala ograničavati i opterećivati rubrikama i dali da uvedeš još koju ili ne! Blog ti se zove A LITTLE PLACE TO CALL MY OWN, stoga-objavljuj što te veseli! Ja sam ZA! :) Ilustracije su predivne, a zadnja mi je najdraža, haljina s prorezom je divna kao i retro cipele! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

Jadrolinija ferry ride, travelling from Split to island Hvar (outfit post)

10 STYLE LESSONS LEARNED FROM MALENA/ MONICA BELLUCCI

THE LATHE OF HEAVEN BY URSULA K. LE GUIN (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION )

A COMMISSIONED PAINTING OF A CHAPEL IN MOSTAR: ACRYLICS ON CANVAS- TRAVEL WITH MY ART #36

EUGENE ONEGIN, A VERSE NOVEL BY A. PUSHKIN (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION: ROADSIDE PICNIC BY ARKADY AND BORIS STRUGATSKY

VISIT STJEPAN'S FORTRESS IN LJUBUŠKI (HERZEGOVINA) WITH ME!

THE WONDERFUL WIZARD OF OZ BY L.FRANK BAUM (BOOK REVIEW)

HAPPY INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY- 15 READING RECOMMENDATIONS!