fashion illustration / modna ilustracija

water colours and pencil

fashion illustration
I've just now realized that most of my fashion illustrations have some kind of hill in the back. It is an interesting coincidence that both of the cities where I have lived for most of my life, Split (where I was born and raised) and Mostar (where I have spend my student years) have a dormant vulcano i.e. a hill that is clearly visible from almost every spot in the town. I suppose that got translated in my illustrations as well. As far as the outfit on the illustration goes, it's an rather simple one.

I cannot thank you enough for all of your lovely comments, they do make me feel better whenever I feel blue...and my heart goes out to all the flood victims. I hope they know they're in our heart.

Shvatih da većina mojih ilustracija ima nekakvo brdo u pozadini. Zanimljiva je podudarnost da oba grada u kojima sam živjela duže vrijeme, Split u kojem sam rođena i odrasla i Mostar u kojem sam provela studentske dane, imaju ugasli vulkan tj. brdo koje je jasno vidi sa skoro svakog mjesta u gradu. Pretpostavljam da je tako i završilo u mojoj ilustraciji.

Hvala svima na divnim komentarima, uvijek me razvedre kad god sam tužna...i suosjećam sa svim žrtvama poplava. Nadam se da znaju da su nam u srcima.

Comments

  1. This is beautiful doll, I hope you have a wonderful weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Beautiful post, really interesting!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zanimljiva priča. Tvoji crteži su mi sve lepši i lepši, ako je to više moguće! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forse certe cose rimangono nel nostro subconscio e quindi poi si materializzano quando non ci pensiamo, come nei disegni! Bella illustrazione, mi piacciono molto i color!I

    5 BEAUTY products that every woman use on lowbudget-lowcost Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Croatia is a beautiful country, always wanted to visit. Not surprising that you include landscapes in your illustrations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely illustration! I love it when you share your drawings with us. I especially dig the little backdrop you added to give us a sense of location and grounding. Keep on drawing! I really do hope to travel abroad some day... I would just love to see somewhere that is not the US, haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ciao Ivana, credo sia normale l'ambiente dove sei cresciuta abbia influenzato anche il tuo modo di disegnare. L'illustrazione è molto bella! Buon weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sono d'accordo con Lilli! Un bacio cara! Lucy www.tpinkcarpet.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Che belli i colori di questa illustrazione!!!
    Il look del figurino è proprio dei miei colori preferiti! ^^
    Baci!
    S
    http://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sempre bellissime le tue illustrazioni Ivana!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Divni su Ivana ! Vjerujem u ljubav i da je drugi mogu osjetiti kada je nesebicno dajemo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simple but cute. Another great illustration sweety :) http://mykindofjoy.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute illustration Ivana! I hope you're feeling great and having a good and hopefully sunny weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful outfit. You illustration are always pretty :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

Jadrolinija ferry ride, travelling from Split to island Hvar (outfit post)

10 STYLE LESSONS LEARNED FROM MALENA/ MONICA BELLUCCI

THE LATHE OF HEAVEN BY URSULA K. LE GUIN (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION )

A COMMISSIONED PAINTING OF A CHAPEL IN MOSTAR: ACRYLICS ON CANVAS- TRAVEL WITH MY ART #36

EUGENE ONEGIN, A VERSE NOVEL BY A. PUSHKIN (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION: ROADSIDE PICNIC BY ARKADY AND BORIS STRUGATSKY

VISIT STJEPAN'S FORTRESS IN LJUBUŠKI (HERZEGOVINA) WITH ME!

THE WONDERFUL WIZARD OF OZ BY L.FRANK BAUM (BOOK REVIEW)

HAPPY INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY- 15 READING RECOMMENDATIONS!