ART UPDATE: AN ACRYLIC PORTRAIT AND AN OIL PASTEL LANDSCAPE

 Lately I have been devoting most of my time and energy on making art. At times, it feels like  I have challenged myself to see how much art I can make. Anyhow, today I'll share two new art pieces to share with you: a portrait and a seascape. One is an acrylic painting (that would be the  portrait) and the other is an oil pastel drawing (seascape). Both of them were drawn on the mixed media paper. I don't have much to say about the art process itself.  I've basically used the same art brands I normally use for both. The oil pastels I used are from Russian brand Sonnet- the only oil pastels I have, I think. I don't think I've ever used oil pastels before I was gifted the Sonnet ones (by a friend, so #notsponsored) and I can't really compare them with any other brand. You can see some of my other acrylic paintings here and some of my oil pastel drawings here and here. I post my art pretty often on this little place of mine. 

ANOTHER ART VERSION  WITH DIGITAL RETOUCHING FOR REDBUBBLE (MAKING IT SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT THAN THE ORIGINAL ACRYLIC PAINTING)


THE ACRYLIC PAINTING- USING A PHOTOGRAPH AS A REFRENCE
I used one of my old photographs as a reference for this acrylic painting. I basically wanted to paint a girl whose hair is let down apart from a braid or two, because I like that hairstyle. I couldn't find any photo reference online, so I remember I wore this hairstyle when I visited Rome back in 2013 and had a close up photograph of good quality that my husband took. However, I didn't really wanted to paint a self-portrait, so I didn't try to recreated the photograph referenced, it was more an inspiration. I uploaded a digitally edited version of this painting to my Redbubble shop. Scroll down to see the art process. 

THE SEASCAPE-  INSPIRED BY ISLAND HVAR (SOUTHERN GDINJ'S BAYS)

The seascape you can see bellow was inspired by island Hvar, more precisely bay Tvdni dolac, one of southern bays belonging to Gdinj village. I blogged about Gdinj village many times on my blog because as readers of my blog know, I have roots there. Back to the seascape in question. As you can see bellow, I again used one of my own photographs as a reference as made this oil pastel drawing on basis of that. I'm not sure how have I done. I'm sure there is much I don't know about oil pastels, but I like working with them and I'm motivated to learn. Another thing that I love is drawing and painting waves and the sea. It is something that really fascinates me and I'm trying to get better at it. 




Thank you for reading and visiting. Have a lovely day ahead!

Comments

  1. These two look great. I love your fashion style and your art work :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great. I'd like to try them. I think they're full of art.
    ombre bundles with frontal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ciao Ivana, stupendo anche questo autoritratto! Sei una bravissima artista!
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ne mogu se odlučiti koja mi je slika ljepša, acrylic portret ili landscape. Oduševljena sam kako kombiniraš boje i kako vjerno preneseš na platno fotografiju.

    New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2020/12/scentxplore-2020-first-virtual-niche.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful work! I can understand wanting to make more because the impulse is there. And I think many of us are finding we need to keep that energy going. And you are feeding it so well. Lovely and your talent keeps growing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's good to keep the creative juices going.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful pieces! Love seeing your space where the work begins. Awesome designs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Ivana, I hope you're having a good week!

    Good work as usual and I like that you're always challenging yourself with new techniques and ideas, in the end art is also about experiences and new ways of interpreting the same daily life, so I congratulate you.... sometimes talent is not the only thing that matter but also our capacity to try new stuff and going out of our bubble of comfort.

    Both results are very good, acrylic and pastels! I used to have lessons with both techniques and I didn't enjoy pastels a lot (too messy for me but maybe I should give them another try) but for something like the water in your drawing is very useful and the result is magical!

    Acrylics are one of my favorites since you can always correct on top, the portrait is so beautiful and I love the calm tones in her expression!

    Stay safe and creative!

    Pablo
    Hey Fungi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never had lessons with oil pastels but I'm trying to learn through YouTube.

      Delete
  8. Always love your art work! Acrylics are also my fav!
    All About Belt Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the mix of a photo and a drawing! I prefer to draw people too, but I should learn how to draw different things for sure!

    xx
    https://anna-alina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. actually it is not bad to focus on just one thing for a while.

      Delete
  10. Sei bravissima Ivana: entrambe le illustrazoni sono davvero belle!
    personalmene la tecnica che preferisco è l'acquerello perè ha un effetto molto delicato e luminoso, ma anche gli acrilici mi piacciono molto perchè risultano vivaci e decisi!
    I pastelli sono forse più difficili da usare bene ma secondo me hanno molte più possibilità di utilizzo.
    Ma forse quello che mi piace di più delle tue opere è il mix di arte e fotografia, sono proprio originalissimi quei fotomontaggi!
    Baci!
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're on a creative roll at the moment! The portrait is gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so talented, Ivana. I love both the portrait and the seascape. I have never tried either acrylics or oil pastels but I love seeing your work!
    Julia x
    https://www.thevelvetrunway.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful pics and interesting post dear!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my you are certainly on a roll, Ivana! I'm glad to hear that you are making the most of the time on your hands by employing your creative talents. The portrait is my favourite, but I'm also loving the moody seascape! Thank you for sharing! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, I figure it is good to keep busy while job searching, one feels more productive that way plus this could be a nice chance for me to improve my art skills.

      Delete
  15. I love the portrait, especially with the enhancements of digital - your Redbubble version is amazing, very ethereal.

    It's really hard to get water - especially waves! - right, and you've done an awesome job here, Ivana. My mom uses chalk pastels quite often, and smudges with them - her fingers are always covered in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't worked with chalk pastels yet, but I saw some amazing art done with them, very soft looking painting and images. Maybe I will try it some day. I think I finally figured (to an extent) how to use oil pastels today. I worked on one painting for a few hours and it started to make sense. It is very different from other mediums. Fortunately, I also found some videos on YouTubes. It helps to see other artists, it's hard to figure it out on your own when you start a new medium.

      Delete
  16. You are really stretching and developing your talent, babe!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  17. It must be so good for your mental health to be creative this way Ivana!! I just love the water sketch so much,
    XOOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

PLUS 30 WAYS TO WEAR A BABY BLUE DRESS AND LEOPARD HEELS (OUTFIT POST, MOSTAR)

THE ISLAND OF THE MISSING TREES BY ELIF SHAFAK (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

VISIT THE MAGNIFICENT MOUNTAIN LAKE BLIDINJE WITH ME!

Sights to see, places to visit / Znamenitosti za vidjeti, mjesta za posjetiti -----Goranci

OZZ STUDENTS' FASHION SHOW, MENTOR FASHION DESIGNER STANKA ZOVKO (MOSTAR INTERNATIONAL FAIR)

TWO SPORTY FLORAL OUTFITS FEATURING STRIPED STARTAS SNEAKERS

How to wear a summer dress in Autumn? Kako nositi ljetnu haljinu u jesen?

THIS MUST BE THE PLACE (BOOK REVIEW AND AN EARLY SPRING OUTFIT)

Fashion Illustration Friday: Inspired by Colours of Autum