WHAT TO SEE AND DO IN BLAGAJ ( BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA)

I truly enjoy showing you around Bosnia and Herzegovina. Have you noticed that? You know, there are some really amazing destinations in this country. Today I'll take you to beautiful Blagaj, located only a short drive from Mostar city. Blagaj is a picturesque historical village located in Herzegovina region. This little green river oasis is an increasingly popular tourist destination and not without a reason. Blagaj village has got one of the strongest and most beautiful river springs in Europe. This stunning and potent water spring creates Buna river and is a impressive example of karst river formation. Right next to it you can find a historical dervish house (tekija) that is open all year round. 

The dervish house dates back to the sixteenth century.  It placed right next to the entrance to the cave  where the river Buna springs from and it is an incredible site. The cliff over the cave is a very impressive sight as well! You can even go for a boat ride in the cave and see this amazing water spring yourself. As I already said, the dervish house is open year around so you can go inside as well. In terms of religious architecture, in this little village you can also find historical christian churches (catholic and orthodox). The village itself is historical, so if you are a history lover, do stroll around and enjoy the sights. If you're a river lover, you'll be happy to see the amazingly clear and beautiful river Buna that runs through the village.  This place is ever green and beautiful. Even in the summer heat, this river was able to offer us some refreshment. 



We arrived to Blagaj when the sun was already strong so I pretty much wore a hat at all times. I also wore a green scarf, not for modesty but to protect myself against the sun. The blue one shoulder dress I wore is from last year, I got in a collab and I don't really wear it that often. I think I will try to style it as a top, to get more wears out of it. I'm trying to be as environmentally friendly as possible with my fashion choices. Anyhow, back to the weather talk. I do enjoy the Mediterranean climate that Herzegovina has to offer but keep in mind that it can get really warm in the summer. I must always advise caution (hats, sunsreen, water bootles and all that) because the  summer sun in Herzegovina's is quite merciful. We had a little walk around and enjoyed the scenery. Once we were done walking, we stopped to eat something. It was too hot to eat anything substantial, so we just had some cakes and coffee. This was not my first visit to Blagaj ( read about another visit here) and it probably won't be my last. 


WHAT TO DO IN BLAGAJ?
1.  CAKE & COFFEE BREAK
2. ENJOY FANTASTIC VIEWS
3. HAVE A WALK AROUND THE VILLAGE
4. VISIT THE HISTORICAL DERVISH HOUSE & MONASTERY
5. VISIT THE HISTORICAL CHURCHES (ORTHODOX AND CATHOLIC CHRISTIAN)
6. SEE THE STRONGEST RIVER SPRING IN EUROPE
7. GO INSIDE THE CAVE WITH A BOAT
8. DINING ( THERE ARE SOME AMAZING RESTAURANTS HERE)
9. HIKE THE HILLS SURROUNDING THE VILLAGE
10. RENT A BOAT OR A KAYAK AND EXPLORE THE RIVER BUNA
As always, thank you for reading and visiting. Tell me how do you like Blagaj? Would you like to visit it some day?

Comments

  1. What an amazing place! It looks unreal. I love the one-shoulder top/dress - very pretty with your scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many beautiful places in Bosnia. Sure, I'll visit Bosnia someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blue bodycon dress on you and I thought that scarf was a kimono at first! Such a great piece and so nice with the blue of the dress. that looks like a really nice place to visit too! :)


    Hope that your week is going well :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to visit one day, it looks amazing :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely place!
    HAPPY WEEK
    xoxo
    https://stylishpatterns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello dear Ivana! Did summer treated you well? I hope so!

    I am so happy to tell you hi again since I went off the media for a couple of months but now I'm back!

    Your blog and your content is always refreshing, useful, inspiring and it feels honest! Of course I have noticed that you always like to show us your country, you're a good ambassador of your country and I'd be happy to visit Bosnia y Herzegovina in the upcoming future :)

    Love the nature around you, your look (ideal to explore nature) and definitely those dishes.... when I travel my main purpose is to try as much food as possible! *_*

    Best regards! Gonna take a look at the other posts!

    Pablo
    www.heyfungi.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for showing us around Blagaj. It looks very charming. Your dress is very nice. Good call to protect yourself from the sun with a hat and scarf. I've become very sun aware in recent years so i rarely go out without a hat and or scarf during the summer and even use an umbrella when it's really strong.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous part of the world! I love reading about and seeing your travels!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you enjoyed it! The weather looks beautiful there :)

    https://mariannyc.com/rooted-plants/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Che meraviglia queste cascate e il vestito blu ti sta benissimo... colore splendido!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks so beautiful there! I love getting to discover new places through your posts. And the blue one shoulder dress you wore is beautiful!


    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. As Bosnia and Herzegovina is a part of the world totally unknown to me, I'm always reading your posts with wonder and amazement that you live in such an beautiful part of the world. Blagaj looks indeed utterly picturesque. As for that dervish house, how amazing is that, and especially its stunning location on the river beneath those awe-inspiring rocks! That off-the-shoulder dress looks fabulous on you, its blue rivalling with the blue of the sky, while your lovely sea-green scarf seems to blend in with the river's water. I'm sure that scarf was very welcome in the heat of the day. Hope you're looking forward to a wonderful weekend, Ivana! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This location is really everything. Yes, the scarf did help fight the sun rays a bit.

      Delete
  13. I just love that you go traveling around like this Ivana. And that scarf on your hat? You'll love my posts next week!! Talk about great minds...
    OXXO
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ma questo posto è davvero incantevole, con quella bella cascata sembra di essere sospesi nel tempo!! ADOROOOOO!
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's very amazing to be able to know various places in the world through the blogs we visited!
    Wonderful place!
    Keep showing us more about Bosnia and Herzegovina :)

    https://www.heyimwiththeband.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ivana, odlično ti stoji haljina, i boja i kroj! A priroda je divna :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello
    I already realized that you really like to show your country, I also love to do that and tell the stories of the places, I know I will never go to Bosnia but I already know a lot about your country thanks to you and your blog.
    You look fantastic in your blue dress by this river with crystal clear water !!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. thanks :D

    you look amazing


    NEW PERSONAL POST | ... BEING ALIVE IS IMPORTANT.
    InstagramFacebook Official PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your photos are beautiful as always! It sounds like a wonderful place to visit. I'm glad you had a good time.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  20. What an amazing looking place Ivana! Love your blue dress!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely stunning scenery! Aren't you lucky to have such beauty and splendour on your doorstep? xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

The heart of a woman (an outfit post and a book recommendation / Srce žene (odjevna objava i preporuka knjige)

PLUS 30 WAYS TO WEAR A BABY BLUE DRESS AND LEOPARD HEELS (OUTFIT POST, MOSTAR)

OIL PASTELS VS. WATERCOLOUR PENCILS (SPLIT, FIRULE BEACH)

Sights to see, places to visit / Znamenitosti za vidjeti, mjesta za posjetiti -----Goranci

THE ISLAND OF THE MISSING TREES BY ELIF SHAFAK (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

Fashion Illustration Friday: Inspired by Colours of Autum

What To See and Do in Hutovo Blato Nature Park in Summer? Exploring Bosnia and Herzegovina's Hidden Gems #1

Metković (outfit post/ odjevna objava)

Inspired by...Nadahnuta sa...