PLUS 20 WAYS TO WEAR A WOOL FLORAL SKIRT (HAPPY WEEKEND!)

Hello! How are you doing? Time for another- X ways to wear a clothing item post! We do love to be sustainable on this fashion and art blog.  In fact, I wrote about the importance of shopping our closet a dozen of times. I always enjoyed creating stories with my clothes. Sharing them on my blog has been an added plus!

I've had this skirt for many years. Have you ever noticed it before? I think some of you must have had, because I remember getting compliments on it. It's a lovely high waisted floral pattern skit. It's from a local brand, fashion house Edi. It's made from wool and silk, which makes it very warm but also light. Interesting combination of materials, isn't it? I don't believe I have any other garments that are made of a combination of silk and wool. I even googled it. What did google say ? Well, it replied that wool is often paired with synthetic materials, but it also added that wool is sometimes paired with silk to produce a softer feel. I often pair it with my favourite leather jacket. The two just seem to be a match made in fashion heaven. When I examined my fashion archives, I also realized that I often pair it with red tops. 
OUTFIT #1 My most recent styling of this skirt with beige loafers, light blue tights and a red blazer.



I love items that can be worn all year around. I generally quite enjoy the change of seasons. However, my wardrobe is not really season specific. There are no extreme colds where I live, so I'm able to style most of my lighter clothes in the colder months. Layering is my key to both style and warmth. 

One of the first times I remember wearing this skirt for my blog was back in 2016 when I wore it in an outfit post that was also a book review post (as my posts often are). The book I reviewed was Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad. 

OUTFIT #2 


LET'S SEE HOW I STYLED AND WORE THIS SKIRT BEFORE!



OUTFIT #3 


Above you can see another transitional outfit I wore back in 2016. What to wear when it is sunny but also a bit windy?  My answer is always layering. Spring is an ideal time to give all your blazers a chance to get out of your closet. Materials are something to keep in mind as well. For example, this skirt I'm wearing ( a mix of wool and silk) is a very comfortable choice for Spring. I'm wearing an outfit that is a mix of vintage pieces and clothing items I have had for a while (in other words nothing new). You know that I like to 'shop my closet'.  I just love this mini leather bag my friend got me for my birthday (it's a second hand vintage leather bag but it looks brand new). If you're against wearing leather (for whatever reason), consider buying vintage or second hand leather items. We all know that buying second hand clothes and items is good for environment. Now, about the location, we're still in Mostar. I realized that I totally forgot to show you Mostar's city cathedral. To make for it, today I'm sharing a lot of photographs of it. Its official name is Cathedral of Mary, Queen of the Sky and Mother of Church. Mostar's city cathedral was build in the eighties and it is located in vicinity of Bishop's residence (that you can see on these photographs as well. In fact, the bishop's residence comes first in order of photographs). That's all for today! Enjoy your weekend!



WHEN IT COMES TO LAYERING, I OFTEN PAIR THIS SKIRT WITH BLAZERS AND COATS. THERE'S ALSO A LEATHER JACKET THAT I OFTEN REACH FOR!



OUTFIT #4

 In this post, I wore this skirt with a white tunics and a pair of heels. It was back in 2022 and the photos were taken at home. I also shared a review a novel Herzog by an American- Jewish writer Saul Bellow. This was my second novel by Saul Bellow, the first one being The Victim (recently reviewed on my blog but read a long time ago). If we were to compare the two novels, Herzog would be the more literary and ambitious work. In fact, it could be argued that Herzog is Bellow’s best known work. Without a doubt, Herzog is a novel that has had a profound influence on American literature. However, this complex novel  is certainly not an easy read. Herzog demands concentration and effort from its reader. It is not the best choice for those who don’t enjoy serious literature and/or are looking for a lighter read. Herzog’s a heavy book, if you get what I mean. Reading it was a rewarding, albeit a difficult experience. Published in 1964, Herzog met with success and went on to win numerous literary awards. It was even declared one of the 100 best novels in the English language by Time magazine. Numbering more than 300 pages (340 in most editions), Herzog is a neither a short nor a very long novel. A large part of the novel is composed of letters written by the protagonist of the novel Moses Herzog to various individuals, both living and dead. 



OUTFIT #5


HAPPY EASTER WEEKEND EVERYONE! (WIWT) (modaodaradosti.blogspot.com)

LINKS FOR SOME OF MY  PREVIOUS EASTER DAY POSTS- Just in case you're looking for some Easter day inspiration!






https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2019/04/is-mostar-good-easter-day-destination.html - IS MOSTAR A GOOD EASTER DAY DESTINATION? PUBLISHED IN 2019

https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2019/04/tips-for-more-sustainable-easter.html- TIPS FOR A MORE SUSTAINABLE EASTER CELEBRATION? PUBLISHED IN 2019

https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2019/04/how-to-find-perfect-easter-outfit-for.html - HOW TO FIND THE PERFECT EASTER OUTFIT? PUBLISHED IN 2019

SUIT STYLING FOR EASTER DAY! PUBLISHED IN 2019





OUTFIT #6



Anyhow, a few months ago I presented these two outfits to my readers. One suitable for warm autumn days and one for colder ones. Both outfits feature the same wool silk skirt with red details. I had to have red details for this book review. Interestingly, I often wear this skirt when I post about books. For example, see this post from 2016.



OUTFIT #7
OUTFIT #8
OUTFIT #9

 

OUTFIT #10
OUTFIT #11
OUTFIT #12
OUTFIT #13
OUTFIT #14
OUTFIT #15


OUTFIT #16


In this outfit, I'm wearing something new and something old (but nothing borrowed). The new item I'm wearing is this beautiful hand made birch tree hair clasp. I'm a big fan of hair clasps, but I've never owned a traditionally made one! I didn't know this until a year or so ago, but birch bark has been used in Russia to make accessories and household items for centuries. I love hand made items, and while you can find traditionally hand made wood items here, I haven't really seen anything similar before because this wood carving technique is unique to Russia. I got this birch tree hair accessory as a gift from a fellow blogger Natalia Lianlina. You can visit her wonderful blog In The Writer's Closet here. I'm not sure can you see the birch tree hair accessory in the photographs because I wore a side braid, but you'll have the chance to have a closer look soon enough.


Now, a few words about this spring outfit. Red has been trending this Spring. Do you like red? Red is one of my favourite colours. I've had this red top with flare sleeves for ages (worn previously here). I just can't get tired of it. Same goes for this skirt (worn previously here and here). This skirt mixes two of my favourite prints for spring: stripes and floral print. I mean, what is there not to love? Sometimes you find a clothing item that's absolutely you. Do you know what I mean? Speaking of which, if you ever find a mix print skirt, one way to style it is to pick a top in a matching colour (like I have done today).

Besides red, there is another trend I really like and that is mini bags. Do you have a mini bag? Do you plan to buy one? This little brown bag is possibly my favourite one. My bag collection isn't that big actually. I love all the bags I have, though. On overall, I think I'm more of a show lady. What about your bag collection? Are you a shoe or a bag lady? Or perhaps you have a weakness for both? Do tell.

OUTFIT #17


OUTFIT #18



OUTFIT #19
OUTFIT #20 




SUSTAINABLE FASHION IS A REAL THING IN THE FASHION BLOGGER COMMUNITY!

I'm neither the first nor the only blogger that is talking about rewearing and restyling clothes!

If you are looking for more sustainable fashion ideas, you might them on the following blogs, for example: 
Sheila with fashion flashbacks, showing multiple ways to wear an item,
Vix with Sleep- Wear- Repeat style challenge (the latest post here) and just all around sustainable fashion blogging.

There are other bloggers who regularly link up their old outfits showing different ways to wear one clothing items or promote sustainable fashion by wearing vintage or second hand. There is also Kezzie, Melanie from Bag and a Beret and Ann from Polyester Princess blog. 
OUTFIT #21 & #22


Thank you for reading! 

Have a lovely weekend everyone and a happy Easter weekend to those celebrating Easter!

Comments

  1. Es una linda falda. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wool and silk are a great combination and that skirt looks like a very versatile piece for all seasons. I particularly like it with the yellow polo neck! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful ways to have styled this skirt. Very in spiring! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always great to see your adventures. Love this stylish skirt and all the items it goes with! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures Ivana!!! Happy Easter 💝🥰

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do indeed remember the skirt, and absolutely love it and its apparent versatility. My favourite is your latest styling, with the mustard polo neck, red jacket and blue tights! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The skirt looks beautiful in all combinations. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely love the ways you styled this skirt, #16 is my fav look, chic beauty!

    xoxo, Midori

    https://www.midorilinea.com/blogs/midori-linea/my-daughters-turns-one-photoshoot

    ReplyDelete
  9. Boa tarde de segunda-feira. Um início de mês de abril com muita paz, saúde e novas realizações de grandes projetos. Você ficou muito elegante, parabéns.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ne mogu da verujem da si uspela da ukombinuješ ovako upečatljivu i unikatnu suknju da ukombinuješ na 20 načina, bravo! <3


    http://www.couture-case.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this skirt and I like all combinations, esspecially the one with the red blouse and the one with the black leather jacket! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello!
    I really like this kind of post! And I vividly remember seeing this skirt here many times! In outfit#9 you look like a really good teacher! You deserve a fashion sustainability award! Kisses and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I love having fun with clothes- and so great we can do it while still being sustainable.

      Delete
  13. I love this skirt and you have worn it in soooo many beautiful ways! I definitely think it's best with red- particularly that toop with fluted sleeves!
    Thank you for the shout out- that's really kind of you! You are the absolute best of the remixers though!xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

The Heart of a Woman (an outfit post and a book recommendation / Srce žene (odjevna objava i preporuka knjige)

VISIT STOBREČ WITH ME (CROATIA)+ WIW FOR A FAMILY DINNER

PLUS 30 WAYS TO WEAR A BABY BLUE DRESS AND LEOPARD HEELS (OUTFIT POST, MOSTAR)

30+ WAYS TO STYLE A PAIR OF JEANS: SUSTAINABLE FASHION

OIL PASTELS VS. WATERCOLOUR PENCILS (SPLIT, FIRULE BEACH)

THE ISLAND OF THE MISSING TREES BY ELIF SHAFAK (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

Inspired by...Nadahnuta sa...

Sights to see, places to visit / Znamenitosti za vidjeti, mjesta za posjetiti -----Goranci

The spring of the river Tihaljina (photography ) / Izvor rijeke Tihaljine (fotografija)