REST IN PEACE KAY ( KINGA GLOWACKA TRIBUTE POST)

I don't have an active twitter profile, so it is only today that I found out about the death of one of the kindest bloggers ever, Kay from Shoes & Glitter blog (her Instagram here).  She was killed in a traffic accident on 12th of December, so a bit more than a month ago. Some of you have probably already heard about it, but I only found out today through a blog post published on her blog but written by her partner. I still can't wrap my hand around the fact that she is gone. The news of Kay's death both saddened and shocked me. She was only 26. I only knew Kay through her blog ( I only learned her real name today), but her comments were always so genuine and personal, I feel like I got to know her a bit. It's been a pleasure to exchange comments with her over the few years she's been blogging. I feel bereaved. I regret the fact that we will never exchange messages again, that I will never read one of her reviews or her blogging tips. 

Kay was honestly one of the most understanding, compassionate and kind bloggers I have came across. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels the same way. A lot of bloggers appreciated her sincerity and kindness. She will be missed in the blogging community. I wanted to write this post as a tribute to Kay. Even though I have never met her in person or spoke with her on the phone, I feel that I have gotten to know her a bit through her writing. Blogging does have a way of connection people. Kay's blog was always such a positive and welcoming place. My sincere condolences to her loved ones, I'm really really sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine what it must be like for her family and partner right now. Kay was truly such a beautiful soul. Rest in peace Kay. 





We think we have all the time in the world but we don't. Time flies by so quickly. Often we lose  the ones we love. It is the hardest thing that can happen to anyone. They say that time heals all wounds but it is not really true. When someone you love dies, you miss them every day of your life.  Their absence leaves a void. It is true that time can teach us to live with loss. Time can teach us to be grateful for the time we had with had with our loved ones,  to be grateful for the memories we share. Time can ease the shock away, but it doesn't take away the pain. For me personally, what helps is to remind myself that the loved ones always live on in us, always stay with us, because such is the power of love. I'm not fond of that 'time heals all wounds' expressions in relation to personal loss of this kind, but I like to think that the loved ones we lost still live within us, in our memory. 

I feel like today in our society we are afraid to talk about death. We don't take the time to mourn. But it is necessary to do so. Death is a part of life and it will always remain a part of it. We don't have all the time on this world with our loved ones. The time we have to share with our loved ones is always limited. The photographs of flowers I'm sharing with this post were taken today and these are 'flores per los mortos', flowers for the dead. I have selected this pink floral arrangement for the tomb of my husband's parents because it's one of their deaths anniversary today. I have never known my husband parents. They died years before we met. Sometimes I do feel like I have known them, through the stories their children, grandchildren and grandgrandchildren share about them. So, love does go on, even in death. Love is stronger than death. That's something that comforts me. 

Comments

  1. What a lovely post. It is so sad that she has gone so suddenly, and she will definitely be missed in the blogging world. I can only imagine how upset her friends and family are. It is good she can be remembered in blog-land for all of the wonderful things she has done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, Ivana, the only comfort that we can find is always in Love, and time has nothing to do with it. You wrote a very sensitive post, my dear, and it is not easy to do in such situations. The flower arrangement is beautiful and resonates with your words! I didn't know this wonderful young woman, but 26 is sure too young to die. Rest in peace, Kay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I happened to come across this post that someone shared on Google + I can't believe my eyes. I am so sad to hear this. She truly was a genuine soul and so supportive too. I am somewhat active on Twitter and have no idea how I missed this? She will be missed by many. These circumstances do make you think about how fragile and short life is. And how we need to make the most of every day and everyone we hold dear in it.

    Sxx
    daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, she was very sweet and supportive, wasn't she? We do need to hold on to the ones we love.

      Delete
  4. She was so young and this really is very sad news. I wish all the best to her closed ones and all the people she has inspired.

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Non me la ricordo Ivana ma sono certa di averla incrociata in tutti questi anni di blogging.
    Mi dispiace moltissimo visto che era anche molto giovane, ma confermo che il mondo dei blog avvicina persone che non si sarebbero mai conosciute altrimenti, guarda anche me e te.
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are my favourite flowers! :)
    Hi, nice blog yours :)
    Would you like to follow each other?
    https://www.fiftyshadesfashion.com/
    https://www.instagram.com/thatisammore.blogspot.it/
    https://plus.google.com/110747430923546275772/

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, this is so sad! I did´nt know her, but it is incredibly tragic that she had to die so young.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent post (as always)!Thank you very much :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't know Kay but I know those who knew her all had lovely things to say about her. Life is so fragile. May she rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely and touching post
    www.stylebasket.in
    Instagram:- stylebasket24

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a beautiful written post Ivana. I didn't have a chance to know Kay through her blogging. May she rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

SPRING IN MOSTAR CITY: A VINTAGE PURPLE BLAZER PAIRED WITH A FLORAL DRESS

SPRING IN SPLIT : 3 OUTFITS, ONE WORN FOR AN ART EXHIBITION

WELCOMING SPRING WITH 15 IDEAS TO COMBAT SPRING FATIGUE!

Let there be colour! (outfit post) / Neka bude boja (odjevna kombinacija)

Painting of the day (A Lioness) / Slika dana (Lavica)

21 WAY TO STYLE A MINI FLORAL DRESS (FOR ALL SEASONS)

10 STYLE LESSONS LEARNED FROM MALENA/ MONICA BELLUCCI

Summertime in Mostar (black and white dress) / Ljeto u Mostaru (crno bijela haljina)

Sights to see, places to visit / Znamenitosti za vidjeti, mjesta za posjetiti -----Goranci