HOW TO LAYER A SUMMER DRESS
1. LAYERING A SUMMER DRESS GUIDE: WEAR A SKIRT OVER IT
Bellow is an example of a dress worn both on its own and with a mini over it. So, you see, you can wear all kind of skirts over dresses. Mini, midi or maxi, all kind of skirts can be worn over dresses. It's one of the easier way to layer dresses in summer. It also saves on the packaging space.
2. LAYERING A SUMMER DRESS GUIDE: TIE A SCARF AS A BELT
Wearing a scarf as a belt or a sarong around our summer dress is such a great way to make it look more fresh. I often wear scarves with dresses. Another way to layer a dress with a scarf is to wear the scarf around our shoulder and then secure it around our waist with a belt of something of the sort. This way of wearing the scarf is known as ' belt the scarf' look, but you can always play it up a little. In addition, you can also wear an oversized scarf and tie to create a maxi skirt look. The possibilities are almost endless.
3. LAYERING A SUMMER DRESS GUIDE: WEAR IT WITH A VESTLong or short, vest is the perfect layering tool. It is a great option because it's so easy, you just throw it on and that's it. If you want to do it in a casual way, pair your dress with a denim vest. If you want to be more fashion forward, opt for a crochet vest. Vests with interesting details, for example floral print, are also a good choice. I do enjoy wearing vests with dresses. It's a great way to jazz up an outfit. Some vests also come with pockets, which makes them quite practical.
4. LAYERING A SUMMER DRESS GUIDE: WEAR A T-SHIRT OVER IT
5. LAYERING A SUMMER DRESS GUIDE: BELT IT!
Does wearing a belt count as layering? If the belt is large enough, surely it counts as layering? Maybe it is debatable, but I would say it does. Anyhow, belts come in many shapes and forms. Big statement belt feel like more than an accessory. To me they feel like layering. In addition, if you are brave, you can try body chains which are if you think about it a type of mix between a necklace and a belt. Speaking of accessories, you can always layer accessories. Layer your necklaces to create a layered look. If you are fashion forward enough, you can even try layering belts.
5. LAYERING A SUMMER DRESS GUIDE: WEAR A SHIRT OR A BLOUSE OVER IT
Wearing a shirt over a summer dress is a no brainer. Usually when I wear a shirt over I dress, I tend to -crop it. The best way to show off as much of the dress as possible is to tie a knot on the shirt. That way you get a cropped look. Simple and easy, a shirt over a dress is a easy styling formula that will allow you get the most out of your summer dresses. If you end up getting bored of your summer dresses, remember these tricks. You'd be surprised how fresh a dress can feel if you wear a shirt over it. By adding different colours and textures, you can completely transform the dress. Layering is popular for a reason. It is a great fashion tool. Don't give up on it just because it is hot. Have fun with your summer dresses!
TO BE CONTINUED.....
As I was preparing this post, I realized that one post can't possibly be enough to cover this fascinating subject so I decided to divide it in more parts. I'm not sure when the second part will be ready, but if you want, you can help me out by answering these questions:
Do you layer your summer dresses?
If you do, how do you go about it?
Do you have any layering style advice?
How would you layer a summer dress?
What is the best way to layer a summer dress?
Thank you for reading and have a lovely day!