STEP 3. (OPTIONAL)- PAINT IT
If you feel like it, you can also decorate the jar with acrylic paints. I sometimes do, sometimes don't, all depending on what effect I'm hoping to create. Jars are a very popular thing for DIY project, I mean, Pinterest is full of fun projects you can do with them ( do you use Pinterest? I remember opening a profile but never figuring out how to use it). I also use jars to keep my brushes and water (as you can see in the background)
ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF USING A JAR AS A PLANT CONTAINER
- it's simple to use.
- it's cheap (or free if you have some jars laying around home).
- you'll feel good about recycling (if you used the ones you have at home or bought recycled ones).
- glass containers are always fun because you can see the roots of the plant ( I mean if you're into that sort of thing- I totally am).
- it gives you an opportunity to customize the plant container and get creative.
- poor drainage
- you will have to be really careful with adding water because as you all know too much water can kill a plant.
- you're somewhat limited with plant choice (better to opt for succulents and cacti as they need only a bit of water, hence fixing that all drainage problem)
Thank you for reading and have a great Monday lovely people!