ACTIVE & SHAPE WEAR WISH LIST + A SPORTY OUTFIT

Wearing sporty items on every day basis is quite a common sight these days. Active wear fashion is quite a trend. Gym outfits are often featured on inspirational boards. Considering that an average person can definitely benefit from being more physically active, perhaps that is not a bad thing. Can good active wear inspire us to be more physically active? Well, never underestimate a power of a cute outfit. On the other hand, I often wear dresses for hiking, so I can't say that wearing something fancy has ever stopped me from being physically active. The only thing that sometimes gets into way of my love for sports and outdoor activities is an active case of Chron disease (with almost no remission during more than a decade) but that's another story. Long story short, I do exercise when I can and I still like the gym outfit trend, but sometimes I also like to get dressed up. I'd probably get bored of sporty outfits if I wore them on every day basis. Combining casual and dressed up outfits is the way to go for me. When it comes to shape wear, I think it's something that can help us look better in the clothes we wear and it actually doesn't matter whether we are in shape or not. A functioning shape wear or active wear item will always make us look our best. We can all use a bit of help sometimes.
When it comes to active and shape wear, today we are really spoiled for choice. A lot of active wear options (for example this shapewear tank top) also offer shaping possibilities. Sports bras are often worn as regular active wear or gym tops these days. It is great when we can feel comfortable and look great in our clothes, whether we are doing spots or just being out and about. Sporty shape wear is such a great invention.


If there is an undergarment that can also help you achieve the physique you want (such as this shapewear bodysuit on sale ), why not try it? Undergarments are often the unsung heroes of our outfits. Shape wear items can help with achieving the flawless look, whether we're talking about sporty outfits or more dressed up ones. They come in a many shapes and forms.

ACTIVE & SHAPE WEAR WISH LIST 
Bellow you can see 3 active and shape wear items I'd like to add to my closet. How do you like them? The first one is a black grey top (sports bra) with a cute cute out detail. The second one is a  basic sports bra and the third one is a pair of leggings. I do wear sports bras and leggings pretty often (typically with something over the combo too but if you're brave enough to wear them on their own, more power to you). Sports bras might not be the best fit with very open tops, but I don't have many of those, I'm more of a turtle neck kind of lady. As for leggings, I could imagine my life without them and I do like the sporty ones. When active wear is both comfortable and flattering, that it really is a perfect combo.


If you're looking for best shapewear shorts ,make sure they fits most of our outfits. What we wear under our clothes is often quite important when it comes to achieving a perfect look. The most important thing, however,  is that you're comfortable with what you're wearing. 

LINK
LINK
LINK
I do have a work out plan but it is pretty flexible. I do believe that sedimentary way of life does us no good and that movement is only natural for our bodies.  However, depending on your age, job, responsibilities, health etc., a certain exercise regime may or may not be good for you. There are so many factors that have to be taken into consideration when working out. So my advice is always the same: don't pick out the work out that promises a certain result, choose a work out that works for you! Our bodies change with time and our health condition is not always the same. If the active wear trend has inspired you to work out, that's great but make sure you exercise in a safe way. Our bodies are built for movement and exercise, but it is still important to apply common sense and if needed do your research. It is always good to ask an expert for advice.  As a teenager, I weighted 20 pounds more than I do today, it was almost all muscle and a result of a regular exercise regime. These days I hike whenever I get a chance but I'm not as fit and muscular as I was when I was a teen. Still, for a person that has had fever on daily basis for more than a decade, I'd say that I'm in a pretty good shape.  Exercise is just like anything else, either you make time for it, or you won't experience its benefits. 

When the whole 'strong is better than skinny' trend happened, I was optimistic about it but now I don't really like the turn it has taken. I don't think putting any body type on a pedestal is ever a good thing. It is much better to encourage people to get fit so they could feel better and have more energy, as opposed to working out to look a certain way. There is only as much as we can do to modify what the nature has given us. While I believe there is nothing wrong with using clothes to look our best, it is always important to put some effort into a healthy lifestyle. So, to wrap these up. I do generally like the gym trend, but I sometimes get nostalgic for times when most ladies were dressed up on every day basis. Not that you cannot look nice in a gym outfit, but variety is always important. As for shape wear, that's something that can make our life easier. A combination of active and shape wear is a potent thing. I do hope that this whole athletic wear trend will inspire people to work out more, because as we know a couch potato life isn't good for our health. I just wish more people realized that physical activity isn't a trend, but a necessity. So, maybe wearing a cute sporty outfit to get yourself motivated and get moving is a good idea. 


Do you like to work out? Do you often wear active wear? Have you tried any active and/or shape wear items? These images were taken on a walk from Jelsa to Vrboska village. It is a good hiking path. With all the greenery around (not to mention the Adriatic sea), you're guaranteed to breathe in the best possible air quality. My energy levels are generally pretty low due to a chronic illness but I can always walk for miles. It must be muscle memory or something like that. Enjoying beautiful views while you're hiking is an added bonus, isn't it? I love walking from Jelsa to Vrboska and not just because the views here are simply amazing. Hiking and trekking or even simple strolling around is a great way to get our daily dose of movement. That would be all for today. See you soon.
As always thank you for reading and commenting. Have a lovely day ahead!

Comments

  1. Nice post dear! Nice sport clothes!
    Have a great day and merry christmas! xx

    La ilusión de Nina - http://lailusiondenina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your look, and those items are beautiful too, in love with the grey and black sport bra, love the cut-out detail too! Amazing post dear!

    Have a beautiful and happy weekend!
    XO, Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun workout outfit! I'm not a fan of shapewear though - I had to wear a belly band after a pregnancy injury and it was so uncomfortable, I was glad when I no longer needed it! :)

    Hope that you're having a great weekend :) We are so excited for Christmas here! :)

    Away From Blue | Handbag Gift Guide

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute sporty outfit! I do think fun active wear fashions can inspire a woman to exercise since they would want to be seen in their outfit. It is so unhealthy to strive to a body type. I completely agree with you that we need to simply focus on a healthy lifestyle more than anything. Yoga and walking are my two favorite forms of exercise. They are the things I want to be doing into my old age so I will never stop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Val. Yoga and walking are both awesome.

      Delete
  5. These sports wear are great darling and I am loving your top!


    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stai molto bene in versione sportiva Ivana, io devo ammettere che ho abbandonato la palestra e spero di riprenderla presto sai?
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great sporty outfit Ivana! YOU do´nt need any shapewear, but I do ;-) I often wear a waist nipper to get a more feminine figure.
    xxxxx Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  8. My friend with Crohn's Disease swears that going walking daily helps him manage his health a lot better.
    That tracksuit top is a lovely colour on you.
    I don't "do" sportswear at all - I wear leggings, a tee shirt and bare feet to exercise in and thankfully have no need for a bra.
    Here in the UK almost everyone wears sportswear on a daily basis and certainly not for fitness, I think they're attracted to the loose fit and the elasticated waistbands so they can stuff themselves silly with fast food and energy drinks.
    I was assaulted whilst walking to work in my early 20s by a man dressed in a tracksuit, the sound of that rustling synthetic fabric still paralyses me with fear thirty years later. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's horrible! I'm really sorry to hear about the attack and I can see how it made you hate tracksuits. I think something like that would make me feel afraid of walking alone but walking is definitely a great form of exercise because it is not very aggressive and one can do it even when our health isn't so great. To me it also helps and it also clears my mind.
      I'm not a fan of sportswear on daily basis especially when it is a lazy choice. It is one thing when people wear sporty items because they enjoy them and quite another when they're just lazy to wear anything else. I think the difference really shows. When I was a student, a lot of my friends were studying to be P.E teachers and they always looked very stylish in their tracksuits and they do now as P.E teachers but I think it is because it is clear they love what they do.

      Delete
  9. I do not own one single item of active or sporty wear, and I have to admit I'm probably the least sporty person on the planet. I'm being honest here: I tried out several sports, most of them in my teens and after much nagging from my parents, but I hated them all. I even hated sports at school. But I love being outdoors and hiking and I walk on a daily basis, even when the weather's foul, even if it is just during lunch hour. The sportswear you are wearing here is quite attractive though, and miles away from the ill-fitting tracksuits Vix is talking about above, and which seem to be the preferred daily outfits of lots of people these days. I'd say, wear sportive wear for sports but dress properly for any other occasion. Wishing you a lovely week and a wonderful Christmas, Ivana xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiking and walking is a form of sports too. It is often the only sport I do these days.

      Delete
  10. I need to get back into a routine for working out. I feel like having nice clothes helps make it more fun...otherwise it can feel drab.
    Have a wonderful Christmas Ivana,
    XOXO
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  11. hvala ti na komentaru, prije sam pisala i na hrvatskom, ali u zadnje vrijeme nemam baš vremena, a za komenare mi je svejedno na kojem su našem jeziku ili dijalektu, sve razumijem.:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a great outfit! Sporty yet still presentable. While I do like the athleisure trend, I'm not a fan when people take it overboard and wear their actual workout clothes that are more appropriate for the gym out to dine at a nice restaurant or something like that. I mean people can wear what they want but at the same time they should also have some respect for certain types of establishments. I actually like to wear joggers as pants a lot but I try to find dressed up styles that are comfortable but also look polished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That you Rowena. I definitely agree with you. Sometimes people get too lazy and wear their gym outfits everywhere and that's never a good look.

      Delete
  13. Hey Ivana, you took the athelisure to the next level, this trend has been around for a few months but I'd say that I am not a big fan, only when it comes to really do exercise hahahaha but not for a formal occasion.

    Anyway, you managed to get a really nice look with pieces that are comfortable and it looks really really nice! I also loved that you add a pop of color with that vibrant green jacket.... it is so magical *_*

    Pablo
    www.heyfungi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear. I don't like it for a formal occasion either but sometimes it is fun to choose it for day wear.

      Delete
  14. I didn't realise you had had Chrohns for so long! It's horrid to think you have had to put up with it for so long. I don't really do any sport which is terrible really. I don't really wear sportswear! I like your sporty jacket very much! Wishing you a merry Christmas Ivana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least I didn't have it as a kid, that's much more difficult!

      Delete
  15. I love your sporty activewear outfit! It looks really comfortable but still fun with the pattern of the jacket. This is the perfect inspiration with the new year coming up.

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
  16. I used to work out a lot more before my health took a dive, but I'm trying to get back into it despite not feeling well. I'm not sure that the sportswear trend will really encourage people to work out more, but who knows. If that's the case, then it's definitely positive.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. take your time, it is not good to push ourselves too hard when there are health problems.

      Delete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

SPRING IN MOSTAR CITY: A VINTAGE PURPLE BLAZER PAIRED WITH A FLORAL DRESS

SPRING IN SPLIT : 3 OUTFITS, ONE WORN FOR AN ART EXHIBITION

WELCOMING SPRING WITH 15 IDEAS TO COMBAT SPRING FATIGUE!

Let there be colour! (outfit post) / Neka bude boja (odjevna kombinacija)

Painting of the day (A Lioness) / Slika dana (Lavica)

21 WAY TO STYLE A MINI FLORAL DRESS (FOR ALL SEASONS)

10 STYLE LESSONS LEARNED FROM MALENA/ MONICA BELLUCCI

Summertime in Mostar (black and white dress) / Ljeto u Mostaru (crno bijela haljina)

Sights to see, places to visit / Znamenitosti za vidjeti, mjesta za posjetiti -----Goranci