HAPPY 2019: NEW ART AND A WINTER OUTFIT PROPOSAL

Hello darlings! I know I say this every year, but there is something about the start of the new year that really appeals to me. Even when I'm sad, I always feel better on the first day of new year. There is something to be said about starting over. Maybe it's all the positive vibrations in the air?  You know, the fireworks, the atmosphere, the good wishes everyone is sharing. The first day of a new year often feels like turning a new leaf. I often get a lot of blogging ideas. Isn't that interesting? Maybe it is because we all feel this desire to be productive as the year starts. It is a fine thing if you ask me. A bit of well directed motivation can take us far. Anyhow, I've been thinking about what should I post for the first day of the year pretty much all day. Last year I posted a fashion illustration. I distinctly remember posting some outfit posts for the start of new year. This year I decided to do a little bit of both. To start with, I'll post one new watercolour painting of mine. 








Original pencil drawing


I didn't use a specific face as a reference for this watercolour painting of a girl with a long hair, but I think the position of the hand was inspired by some ad I saw ( I can't recall which one, though). Anyhow, I do like how this painting turned out. I didn't named it yet, maybe I won't. I'd like to keep this one, there is something about it that I quite like. It is not the most complex or interesting painting I have ever done, but there is something about the eyes that seems right. 

I decided to do a little experiment with this painting and try a bit of editing. You know the kind of editing people use for selfies, I decided to take it apply it to a photograph of this painting. The result is interesting. It looks a bit like digital art. I prefer the original (not edited) version, but it is kind of fascinating to see how you can change your art by making subtle or not so subtle changes. I know some artists say they like to experiment with different editing tools, lighting and so on. It's interesting stuff. I did some editing next year if you remember, for example here

watercolour art plus digital editing
watercolour art plus digital editing



Speaking of new year and all that, one of my new year resolutions is to read more in other languages.  Reading in English is so easy I sometimes get lazy and just opt for the English version. I do love classics, and it's so easy to just head over to Project Gutenberg and find what I like, but I really want to read more books in original language this year. I mean books that weren't originally written in English obviously.  I do like to read translations as well, that can be a good learning experience. I guess that another of my new year resolutions is to read more. That might sound odd, because I already do read a lot, but I realized that for me personally books are the best way to learn. I don't just mean literature (which I obviously love) but non fiction book as well. There is a great educational potential to be found in books and I want to make the most out of it. So, here it is to reading more in 2019. I'd also love to find time to write more book reviews. The last book I read was Washington Square by Henry James and I absolutely loved it. I actually read it on Christmas day. I saw the old movie version and then when I looked it up I found out it was based on the play which was based on James' novel. I should have guessed right away. It is always nice when you realize that there are so many fantastic books still waiting to be found. 




Another thing I want to share with you today is a winter outfit proposal. Winter is ahead of us,  we still have three months of winter to go, so it seems sensible to start planning our winter outfits. This outfit is a perfect example of shopping one's closet. The only new thing about it is this pair of ankle boots. I had this white beanie for years but I misplaced it somewhere. When I rediscovered it, I realized this white beanie is the perfect accessory to bring some white into my winter styling. An accessory  is always a good way to ease into that winter white vibe. If you would like to wear more white in winter but you're not sure how, you can always start slow. Wear a white sweater, a turtleneck or a scarf and pair it with other colours. For this outfit, I paired a predominately white turtleneck with a red checkered jacket and a grey slit skirt. This lovely grey skirt is vintage and if you're looking for another way to style a skirt in a similar style you can check out this post






I hope you had a fantastic New Year Eve and New Year day. We had a nice time. I didn't burn anything and everyone loved my cooking, so I guess I could say our NYE was a success. I wish you all the very best in 2019. Thank you very much for your kind words on my last post. Your support truly means  a lot to me. 



Comments

  1. phenomenal ❤ happy 2019 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers to 2019.
    www.melodyjacob.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi dear, i love your outfits , super perfect for winter. Great Illustrations too. Wishing you a prosperous 2019

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic post!

    Kisses ...Dilek

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your illustration- and here's to a happy + healthy new year!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Non potevi non iniziare l'anno con una bellissima illustrazione, cara Ivana!
    Ti auguro un meraviglioso 2019, pieno di grandi soddisfazioni!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very nice and stylish look, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year to you, Ivana! Your mohair beret looks absolutely wonderful against your lovely long hair. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bella ivana come sempre i tuoi look mi piacciono molto ma stavolta la scena te l'ha rubata il tuo dipinto, gli occhi soprattutto mi hanno catturata!
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the painting and your outfit! Good luck in your 2019 goals!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cool idea to paint the photo that way like with filters. I think they are both so fabulous, but I always love all of your creations!!
    As for the outfit, it's the beret that really sets it off for me. I was just telling myself that I need to wear mine, so I'm going to today!!
    XOOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. berets are always so much fun to wear, aren't they? Simply perfect for winter. I often draw girls with berets, but for some reason I sometimes forget to wear them myself.

      Delete
  12. Each new year holds so much promise doesn't it? It's like a chance for a fresh start. Happy new year to you and your family Ivana! Wishing you all the very best in 2019! Thank you for sharing your lovely art and your stylish outfit ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy new year! Your winter outfit looks so cosy, it's great you could find that beanie! :) Your painting is lovely too.

    Hope that your 2019 is off to a great start and you are excited for the year to come :) It's wonderful you have a lot of blog ideas :)

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you dear. Yes, I think having lots of blogging ideas is always good because it motivates us to blog more.

      Delete
  14. Well done on your New Year's dinner being a success! It's always good not to burn anything.
    When you mentioned about reading more books in the original language, I wonder if you can remind me what languages you speak apart from English and Croatian! You are super skilled!
    Your drawing was beautiful and I actually really like the way you edited it on the computer- it works really well!
    I have a white hat incredibly similar to your one- I like varying it by attaching brooches to it!!x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your winterlook, the coat is so perfect.

    take a look at my BLOG and my INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everything's so beautiful! Happy 2019, dear! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving the winter outfit and your beautiful watercolour painting <3 I hope you will be able to enjoy 2019! Your goals sound so good too. I am all for reading more book reviews because you know I love books, and I like that you want to read more in the original language. It may be a challenge but it is definitely going to be a worthwhile one. Happy New Year <3

    My recent post: https://oliviascatastrophe.com/2018/12/19-goals-for-2019/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Something inspiring about a new year indeed. Have an awesome 2019!

    www.jeannieinabottleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks a lot :D

    you look absolutelly amazing my dear :D

    NEW OUTFIT POST | NEW WAYS.
    InstagramFacebook Official PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love that watercolour, and honestly I don't know which one I prefer. The original or digital. I think they are both beautiful. The start of the year always has that positivity in the air. I think it's the widespread prospect of new beginnings that always has us in high spirits.

    I hope you have a wonderful 2019.
    Sxx
    daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. The painting is really awesome, I love it! And you look great with the winter outfit ^^
    Good luck with the new year resolutions and I wish you all the best for 2019!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Ivana
    I think I know who the girl in the illustration is, you!
    I really enjoy working with photo editing, and your picture came to look like a cartoon.
    As for your look I adore your beanie, in my post I'm using a resemblance to yours !!!
    And I love your attitude in the photos, decided !!!

    have a great 2019 !!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. You look stunning Ivana! I love the outfit! Wishing you a wonderful and prosperous new year

    ReplyDelete
  24. That outfit is so cute and chic! Wishing you a Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. You look so classy. Wish you all the best! xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awww,happy new year to you dear! Love your art and how you experiment on them! CHeers for more art this year! I feel sad and happy on new years eve too, but I must say that I have a good feeling about this year. :) You always look so posh on your outfit! I should keep your tips in mind. We don't have winter here in the Philippines but these days, we have a cold weather because of non stop rain! lelz
    Oh, dear, please give me some book recommendations for this year. I just round up the books I've read last year and I need for for this year hehehe I know you could give me some! I love your house set-up so much with your artworks hanging on your wall

    love lots,
    Tin

    mypoeticisolation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can recommend the last book I read, Washington Square by Henry James. It's a short novel and a very lovely read.

      Delete
  27. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  28. You're beautiful my friend. You're beautiful outside and inside... you deserve the best things in the world and so I say you.. be brave, and may this year bring you much happiness, joy, health and dreams come true. <3 Your art is always something amazing, your style too..!! Don't look forward to see another painting!! Love to you, with all my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your outfit is lovely and your painting is beautiful. I had no idea that some artists edit their work with software as well. The results really are very interesting and unique. I hope you have a great 2019.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  31. How beautiful are these illustrations. Have a wonderful 2019!

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I wish you a very happy New Year my dear friend. May God bless you a lot of happiness, prosperity, success and health.

    http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. Divnooo! Premedena outfit ideja <3

    ReplyDelete
  34. HELLO in 2019 my DEAR!!!

    i hope you had a very nice silvester. i got a very silence year change - i´m not a partyanimal.

    i´m looking forward to see you in some unique looks this year.

    hugs
    Jennifer
    http://jennifer-femininundmodisch.blogspot.com/2019/01/mein-besuch-im-kleider-atelier-my-visit.html

    ReplyDelete
  35. mi piace la giacca,molto bella ,look davvero carino.Buon Anno!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  36. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

The heart of a woman (an outfit post and a book recommendation / Srce žene (odjevna objava i preporuka knjige)

PLUS 30 WAYS TO WEAR A BABY BLUE DRESS AND LEOPARD HEELS (OUTFIT POST, MOSTAR)

Sights to see, places to visit / Znamenitosti za vidjeti, mjesta za posjetiti -----Goranci

THE ISLAND OF THE MISSING TREES BY ELIF SHAFAK (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

Fashion Illustration Friday: Inspired by Colours of Autum

Not that pink dress again (outfit post) Ne ponovo ta roza haljina ( odjevna objava)

Lake Mostar (revisited) / Mostarsko jezero (ponovni posjet).

OZZ STUDENTS' FASHION SHOW, MENTOR FASHION DESIGNER STANKA ZOVKO (MOSTAR INTERNATIONAL FAIR)

THIS MUST BE THE PLACE (BOOK REVIEW AND AN EARLY SPRING OUTFIT)