SUMMER IS NEAR, LET'S TALK SWIMSUITS


The weather is being beastly again, all the more reason to daydream about summer vacation. Are you looking forward to the summer? I know it might not seem so (is it raining where you're at as well?), but summer is nearing us. Sooner than we know it, it will be beach time. My last summer was ruined by an operation that went wrong. So, last summer I didn't get a single beach day. Yes, you've read that right. Not a single one. This summer I really want to make up for that. I feel I really need that beach experience. Needless to say, I'm really looking forward to this summer. When it comes to summer fashion, there is one item that I simply love to shop for. Sometimes I don't feel like shopping (with years I learned how to shop my closet), but still there is one important summer item I need to renew every now and then. Yes, today we'll be talking about one summer essential and that is: a swimsuit. If you swim a lot, you'll probably need a new swimsuit for a new season. Choosing a swimsuit plays an important part in getting ready for summer and those fabulous days at the beach.  The right swimsuit can make you feel confident and beautiful. We all have different preferences, so different kind of swimsuits can make us feel comfortable. Some ladies will prefer the sporty versions, while others will want to be fashion forward on a beach as well. Today I'm collaborating with NewChic site to bring you some summer swimsuit inspiration.  I do enjoy checking out new swimwear trends. 


sexy one piece swimsuit
sexy high waisted bikini

THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN PICKING UP A BIKINI/ A SWIMSUIT

A good way to start bikini shopping is by asking yourself questions. What kind of swimsuits do you like? Do you like bold colours or do you prefer neutral ones? Do you have any favourites or preferences when it comes to colour and cut? Do you follow trends when it comes to swimsuits or do you just choose what suits you and stick with it?  Do you plan to try something new this summer or keep to what works for you? When you have asked yourself enough questions, you might thing about these 3 things to consider when picking out a swimsuit.

1. WHAT LOOKS GOOD ON YOU & WHAT FEELS GOOD

With the start of every summer, there is a lot of talk about what swimsuit looks good on what body type. I think it's always good to learn the rules, but it is just as important to know that you can break them. Finally, don't take all those rules too seriously. Some rules make sense. It is good to know that you can use prints or certain cuts like ruffles to draw attention to a certain body part and away from another (if that is what you want to do). Similarly, it is useful to know some tips, like  that vertical stripes can elongate the figure or that a high waisted bikini can hide some things we might consider imperfect. This style of bikini is not only very flattering but also very trend right now (check out these adorable plus size high waisted bikini ). There surely are some cuts that are more flattering. That being said, I don't think anyone shouldn't obsess too much about these rules. Nobody should tell you that anything about your body is imperfect. What matters is how you feel in something. When we feel good in something, we look better in it too, so that's another thing to consider. One of the things that annoys me about these rules is that they imply that we should always be hiding something as opposed to flaunting it. Tell all ladies with wide or narrow hips that only one swimsuit model suits them doesn't really make sense. Not everyone wants to look more skinny or more curvy. You don't have to want to look like something you aren't. You can be happy with your body type, what ever that might be. Remember that.

2. THINK ABOUT STYLES YOU NORMALLY ENJOY

For example, if you're a romantic kind of girl, why not pick up a bikini with ruffles or embroidery? Think about your style, things you typically enjoy and see if you can find a bikini that can match that. Wearing something you normally like might make you feel more comfortable with choosing the swimsuit of your choice. There is no reason why we shouldn't be stylish while vacationing, right? So, if you like bold prints, go for that. If you like neutral colours, then a neutral bikini might be the right choice for you. Similarly, think about the cuts you normally wear. If you like a V neck, you might find a similar bikini top. One shoulder swimsuit might be something you will enjoy, and it could also double as a summer top. Saving space while packing for a summer vacation makes sense, right?


3. LOOK FOR INSPIRATION

With so many inspiration available and easily accessible in all kind of forms, it is easy to feel overwhelmed. You can make your life easier by looking for a specific bikini style (something you are really into). Another way to narrow down your choice is to find someone whose style you admire (it might be a blogger, a celebrity or a friend) and see how they wear swimwear. This can make finding inspiring swimwear easier for you. Moreover, if you style spy someone with a similar body type, you might find it easier to figure out what kind of swimwear you will comfortable in. One more thing- you can get inspired by your destination as well. If you're going for a vacation someplace else, why not check out what the local country has to offer in terms of style inspiration?

cheap high waisted bikini



That would be all for today. Just one more thing: don't forget to wear sunscreen once you put that swimsuit on. It's really important to protect our skin against the sun. Thank you for reading! xoxo


Comments

  1. I love the details. Very beautiful.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is super hot here! We will be reaching close to 100F in coming days (not sure what that is in C). I am not a beach gal probably due to my skin which burns easily. However I love a walk in the beach at night or early in the morning. The sounds, the breeze, the sand....love it! When I have to wear a swimsuit I like the dress styles. There are so many style to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, there are many styles to choose from. I have lots of swimsuits because I used to be a capital swimmer. Health has kept me away from the sea, but I hope to get back in water some day.

      Delete
  3. Great Inspiration!

    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, dear Ivana, summer is near :) And you remembered me definitely that I need at least one new swimsuit - therefore thanks a lot for the picks and tips! Hopefully at least in your region it doesn't rain!
    xx Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a confession to make. Until very recently, I didn't have a swimsuit, let alone a bikini. Last year, I found a fabulous vintage swimsuit, which I've still got to wear as I'm actually not a beach girl. Don't get me wrong, I love beaches, but preferably out of season, and for walking, wading, rockpool exploring only. And as my holiday destination is the UK, I never even pack a swimsuit. Anyway, there are so many styles to choose from, and I love those high waisted bikinis, especially the gingham one. Hope you're having a great week, Ivana! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have never owned a vintage swimsuit. I imagine they must be lovely. Beaches are perfect for walking and hanging around. The ocean can do wonders for our health. You can be a beach girl even without a swimsuit.

      Delete
  6. Thank you for these tips Ivana. I haven't wore a swimsuit in my life and I don't know when I will. Ha!! Gotta get that body right and grow some confidence. :-)

    https://www.missymayification.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're body is right. Do try wearing one, even if it is just for sun-bathing and not for swimming, it can feel so liberating to let our skin breathe.

      Delete
  7. I do think that there are such a great variety of swim suits available now!! Heck, I'd even wear some of those high waisted bikinis...they are so cute.
    XOXO
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, the variety offered today is amazing.

      Delete
  8. Love the bikini collection, dear! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't say I really enjoy swimsuit shopping so I will have to keep these tips in mind the next time I have to buy one. I was really lucky that to purchase my last one online and it fit perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved the 2nd one , can see myself wearing it righ away !!

    xoxo ♡
    Watermelon Clouds

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I am so sorry you had complications with a surgery, I have experienced this and it is not fun, and sorry you missed out on summer. These are all excellent tip! Happy bathing suit shopping and I am sure you will have many beach days this summer.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to the summer.

      Delete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

Jadrolinija ferry ride, travelling from Split to island Hvar (outfit post)

10 STYLE LESSONS LEARNED FROM MALENA/ MONICA BELLUCCI

THE LATHE OF HEAVEN BY URSULA K. LE GUIN (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION )

A COMMISSIONED PAINTING OF A CHAPEL IN MOSTAR: ACRYLICS ON CANVAS- TRAVEL WITH MY ART #36

EUGENE ONEGIN, A VERSE NOVEL BY A. PUSHKIN (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION: ROADSIDE PICNIC BY ARKADY AND BORIS STRUGATSKY

VISIT STJEPAN'S FORTRESS IN LJUBUŠKI (HERZEGOVINA) WITH ME!

THE WONDERFUL WIZARD OF OZ BY L.FRANK BAUM (BOOK REVIEW)

HAPPY INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY- 15 READING RECOMMENDATIONS!