TWO NEW PASTEL PORTRAITS + REDBUBBLE DESIGNS

Hello darlings, today I'll show you two pastel portraits I made. As I told you, until the start of this this year I didn't have that much experience with pastels. I was gifted some art supplies, so I gave pastels a try and liked it. Now, it seems I took to pastels quite quickly. Take for example this pastel Valentino fashion illustration, I quite enjoyed making that one. Trying out new mediums can be quite instructive. Back to my two portrait pastel drawings. I drew these two without a reference, and now I can think of a number of women they remind me of. I'm getting early Christian art vibes from the first one, maybe because of those big eyes. I do like how they turned out. It is always interesting to let your imagination run loose. Perhaps it is even necessary in the art process. I think I said this before, but I find that both drawing with and without a reference is important for developing our art skills. 
https://tictail.com/morart/a-girl-with-passionate-eyes-portrait-in-pastel
 A GIRL WITH PASSIONATE EYES, PASTEL DRAWING
A GIRL WITH CURLY HAIR PASTEL DRAWING
A GIRL WITH CURLY HAIR




WORK IN PROCESS PHOTOGRAPHY

Bellow you can see a few 'work in process' photographs. I always find it interesting to see how a certain painting or drawing was made. As I said, I drew these two without a reference or a plan. The first thing I concentrated on was the skin, I used a number of pastels for the skin alone, trying to get that warm skin look. These pastels are dry so it can be a  bit tricky blending the colours, but it is not impossible. Dry pastels do enable you better control, and as with every art medium there are always pros and cons.

DRAWING NUMBER 1 WIP PHOTOGRAPH

DRAWING NUMBER TWO WIP PHOTOGRAPHS


Anyhow, I also decided to decorate my paintings with rhinestones and take some photographs of the 'bling bling' collages I came up with. That's always fun, adding different elements to my paintings and see what they look like with. It is something I do fairy often with my art. I think doing something like this gives us a chance to look at our art in a new way.


In addition to my tictail shop, these two drawings are also available as designs in my redbubble shop where you can find them on a variety of products. Today I'll show you what they look like on t-shirts and dresses, and if you want, you'll welcome to check out other products available there as well.

Women's T-shirt Redbubble artist Ivana Kada


link

A- line dress



That would be all for today! Thank you so much for reading & commenting. Have a lovely day!

Comments

  1. Sei di una bravura immensa...i tuoi disegni son di una bellezza unica!!

    https://nettaredimiele.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ivana
    I love to see your creative process of work. And I think the rhinestones make all the difference.
    The T'shirts are lovely, and I must confess yesterday I bought a Tee that is not so pretty as yours in Zara!!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the drawings Ivana! The t shirts and dress are very stylish! Wishing you a wonderful April!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Predivno! Svaka ti čast *_* Vidi se da si iznimno talentirana :)

    Shoot for the stars | ☆ ☆ ☆ | Facebook page | ☆ ☆ ☆ | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. thank you Benita, that is very kind of you to say.

      Delete
  6. These drawings are so creative and beautiful!! Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Che brava, hai imparato subito ad usare bene i pastelli!
    I ritratti sono venuti entrambi molto bene, mi piace sopratuto come hai reso il colore della pelle, è venuto molto uniforme e tridimensionale! :)
    Baci!
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. grazie mille, per me e' sempre interessante il colore della pelle umana, non so perche oggi tutti fanno tanto photoshop che la pelle in le fotografie sempra pelle di una barbie. Per me la bellezza della pelle umana e in tridimensionalita e diverse tonalita.

      Delete
  8. Bellissima anche questa tecnica
    Brava

    ReplyDelete
  9. Even though you didn't have much previous experience with pastels, it looks like you've taken to the medium quite well. I like how the rhinestones add both a textural and visual interest to these pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rowena. Rhinestones are a pretty touch, aren't they?

      Delete
  10. Bravissima e sempre così creativa... quell'abito lo indosserei subito!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ivana i tuoi dipinti mi fanno sempre emozionare sai? Bellissimi anche i colori che scegli!
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, amazing!!! ♥

    https://www.heyimwiththeband.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  13. You always amaze me with your drawings Ivana!! I love how you added the necklace ! You're just so creative!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are amazing! Your drawings are always so vibrant and beautiful. I love your unique style. Thanks for sharing these.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely portrait! it does have a style and easy effortless mood.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! I love how it looks on t-shirts and dress!

    https://anna-alina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love big eyes! Their hair is wonderful too. The clothing designs are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You're improving a lot Ivana! Love how the expressions you're drawing are going beyond and getting better in every artwork you create!

    Pablo
    www.heyfungi.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

The heart of a woman (an outfit post and a book recommendation / Srce žene (odjevna objava i preporuka knjige)

PLUS 30 WAYS TO WEAR A BABY BLUE DRESS AND LEOPARD HEELS (OUTFIT POST, MOSTAR)

Fashion Illustration Friday: Inspired by Colours of Autum

Sights to see, places to visit / Znamenitosti za vidjeti, mjesta za posjetiti -----Goranci

THE ISLAND OF THE MISSING TREES BY ELIF SHAFAK (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

The Magic of Nature Park Hutovo Blato: Must See Places in Herzegovina

Not that pink dress again (outfit post) Ne ponovo ta roza haljina ( odjevna objava)

OZZ STUDENTS' FASHION SHOW, MENTOR FASHION DESIGNER STANKA ZOVKO (MOSTAR INTERNATIONAL FAIR)

VISIT THE MAGNIFICENT MOUNTAIN LAKE BLIDINJE WITH ME!