FASHION ILLUSTRATION: MINI DRESS FROM ZUHAIR MURAD SPRING 2019 COUTURE COLLECTION

Hello darlings! I'm back with another fashion illustration from Paris fashion week.  I'm quite proud of this one. When I started this fashion illustration, I almost gave up half way because there are so many details on this dress, but now I'm glad I didn't. The medium for this illustration is coloured pencil on regular printing paper. Just like the last dress I illustrated, this one is from Murad Zuhair 2019 Couture collection. Couture dresses  are often long, but with this one Zuhair Murad definitely proved that this doesn't have to be the case. A dress can have the elegance typically associated with haute couture even if it is quite short. It all depends on the material, design and the craftsmanship. I'd say this beautiful dress has all it needs. It was the second look in the show, but it is perhaps my favourite one. This embroidered transparent mini dress is belted at waist and completed with a long blue sheer scarf that creates a feeling of a cape. Absolutely gorgeous design! I think I'm in love with this collection as a whole, but this dress most of all. What do you think? Since I have already illustrated two dresses from this collection, should I keep going?




Source: Vogue magazine




I know that a lot of you enjoy step by step photographs of my fashion drawings, so I included some of those. The first step for this fashion illustration was to create the outline of the body and the dress. The second one was to define the outline. Thirdly, I started to fill in the body and the face, and added some of the details. Now, because this dress is transparent, I coloured the whole body and only then I preceded to drawing the remaining embroidery and  colouring the dress. Fourthly, I added the finishing touches. Half way there, I wanted to give up because it seemed like too much work, but I kept going anyway, and finally I ended up with an illustration I quite like. This proves you should never give up on doing something you like, even if you get tired in the process. I didn't time myself, so I'm not sure how long it took me to finish this fashion drawing, but it must have been longer than an hour, maybe even more. There are a lot of details on this one. Anyhow, if you want to see my work in progress photography, be my guest and scroll down. 








That would be all for today. I'm keeping today's post short and simple. It's all about this fashion illustration. Do tell me what you think about it? Do you like this style of fashion illustrating? What about the dress itself, do you like it? Have you seen this collection? What was your favourite collection at Paris Fashion Week? What is the fashion week you're still looking forward to? I know, a lot of questions. Would you love to own this dress? 
Fashion drawing inspired by Zuhair Murad 

Couture fashion illustration


Comments

  1. It's true, dearest Ivana - this dress has all it needs! It's beautiful - it's WOW, and your illustration is, too! It's really good that you didn't give up!
    Hugs from here,
    Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2019/02/von-fotobuchern-wollsachen-und.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, I love all the colours you illustrated so beautifully!

    Anika | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you didn't give up on this one, Ivana. It's absolutely incredible both in your illustration and in the photo!!
    I could see myself wearing this with pride!!
    XOOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow I'm glad you didn't give up and you kept sketching this one, it's beautiful! I really like the dress itself and I think you captured it well on paper - what a stunning piece!

    Hope that you are having a great week so far :) We have had a break with the heat and humidity and had some rain which has been a wonderful relief! :)

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress truly is beautiful and your illustration of it looks great. It was really interesting to see a step-by-step of how you drew it. It's good that you didn't give up because the result is definitely worth the effort.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a stunning dress, I love the blue draping with all the other colours in the actual dress. It really makes it stand out more. You've done it's likeness beautifully!! And I'm glad you didn't give up, it was too wonderful to give up!! Have a marvelous day xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear, I loved the blue draping as well, it really added something.

      Delete
  7. Che abito! Che dettagli! Che splendore! Per me è amore a prima vista!

    https://nettaredimiele.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, amazing!
    I love it :)

    https://www.heyimwiththeband.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing illustration.
    Congrats

    https://www.elblogdebarbaracrespo.com/2019/02/buttoned-skirt/

    ReplyDelete
  10. The dress itself is beautiful and you captured it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!! Great work!!
    https://www.anastasiaburmistrova.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great work.
    http://www.thestylegalaxy.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your illustrations are amazing hun!

    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Devo dire che lo hai replicato benissimo, talmente tanto che sembra di vederlo davvero, bellissimi i colori!
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing :)

    Brooke | www.ordinary-joy.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow you're so talented, this is such a gorgeous illustration xx

    Gemma • Gemma Etc . ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

Jadrolinija ferry ride, travelling from Split to island Hvar (outfit post)

10 STYLE LESSONS LEARNED FROM MALENA/ MONICA BELLUCCI

THE LATHE OF HEAVEN BY URSULA K. LE GUIN (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION )

A COMMISSIONED PAINTING OF A CHAPEL IN MOSTAR: ACRYLICS ON CANVAS- TRAVEL WITH MY ART #36

EUGENE ONEGIN, A VERSE NOVEL BY A. PUSHKIN (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION: ROADSIDE PICNIC BY ARKADY AND BORIS STRUGATSKY

VISIT STJEPAN'S FORTRESS IN LJUBUŠKI (HERZEGOVINA) WITH ME!

THE WONDERFUL WIZARD OF OZ BY L.FRANK BAUM (BOOK REVIEW)

HAPPY INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY- 15 READING RECOMMENDATIONS!