NEW FASHION ILLUSTRATIONS: LOUIS VUITTON RED DRESS AND OTHERS

The first fashion illustration I'm sharing today was inspired by one of the dresses from Louis Vuitton Spring 2019 Ready To Wear collection. Have you per change seen this collection? I was attracted to it instantly. This printed red dress caught my eye, so I simply had to illustrate it. This Louis Vuitton spring collection seems a step back from the classical Louis Vuitton style but I like it. It's a very eclectic collection with a mixture of modernist, futuristic and classical cuts. Dominated by white, blue and black, it also included other more vibrant colours. I spotted quite a few red accessories (and two red dresses). 

If fashion collections shown so far are anything to go by, spring fashion is going to be beautiful. I loved all of the collections I have seen so far, and I can't wait to see them all. When it comes to fashion collections, I like to take my time to browse the runaway. In addition, I always love to see a video recording and if I have time, that's what I do. Sometimes it is hard to get a good feel of the fabrics and how the clothes move just from looking at the photographs. Anyhow, if the designs I have seen so far are to judge, spring is going to be pretty exciting time for fashionistas. I can't wait! Scroll down to see more photographs of this fashion sketch as well as the photo reference. 


Photo Source: Vogue


The medium for this illustration is coloured pencils on paper. I've been trying out some new coloured pencils. I will let you know what I think of them. I also bought some watercolour pencils, but I haven't tried them out. I was also gifted some lovely pastels, so I've been experimenting with that as well. My hands hurt from so much drawing! I've kept myself busy lately. I've also made some photo collages. I always use my own photographs when I make these kind of collages. It's fun to play a bit with my illustrations like this. It also allows me to try out some ideas without using the paper. Some day I might even try digital art, but for now I'm happy to explore the more traditional art forms.
tictail drawing link girl in a red dress





Photo source: Vogue





Now, it's the time my own designs. We'll start with this blue gown with a high slit. How do you like it? I drew this one with coloured pencils as well but I've also used a bit of a blue marker to create dark blue details on the dress. I think it looks cute. I wouldn't mind owning a dress like this one. Scroll down to see few more photographs of this illustrated blue dress. I also took some photographs with rhinestones because that's always fun. If you want to know how to accessorize your fashion illustrations (or fashion photography), check out this post about how to create 3D fashion illustration dresses without actually drawing them.  If you want to know how to make fashion dresses with dry flowers check out this post. 



tictail link


Bellow you can see two fashion illustrations, both of them illustrations of purple dresses. The first one is a mixed media (coloured pencils and markers) and the second one is just coloured pencils on paper. Let me know how you like them. Would you like to see more fashion illustrations? Would you like to know how to make fashion illustrations? Would you like to know how to decorate fashion illustrations. I'm asking this because I want to know is this something I should write again, or not. What do you guys prefer? Outfit posts or fashion illustrations?





I'm obsessed with this design you can see bellow. I wish I could turn it into reality. Who knows maybe I will? I envisioned this pink and purple dress as very cozy, maybe even knitted? I'm not sure yet do I want it to be more form fitting ( a bit bodycon) or just tailored but not too tight. I wonder where I could the suitable materials. I just remember how I made one purple top from different fabrics in high school. I wish I still had it, for it was certainly cool. I think this dress would look fabulous in reality. So, I hope I can turn it into reality some day. That would be all for today. Thank you for reading and have a lovely Sunday. 

tictail link




IF YOU WANT TO CONNECT: TICTAIL /REDBUBBLE /GOODREADS / INSTAGRAM

Comments

  1. Fashion illustrations are so fun.

    http://a-woman-of-a-certain-age.com/2019/01/style-reset/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, such lovely illustrations!

    Soph - https://sophhearts.com x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these are some fabulous illustrations as always.

    https://www.missymayification.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your prints always blow me away! The resemblence is truly sureal and I love the selections from the collection you chose. I have not seen the brand's Ready to Wear collection yet, but I'm sure I will be in love with it based off your drawings. The first red one and the blue one are my two favorites. Hope you have a relaxing and creative week xx

    Isabella | www.beingisabella.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Odlične ilustracije, veoma si talentovana i kreativna! :)
    Novi post - www.minniearts.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ivana...you have such an amazing talent. I love how you just create your own dresses in these designs. And think about the material and how they would move.
    That blue dress with the darker detailing is absolutely marvelous. Truthfully, I think I'm drawn to it so much because it reminds me of a sweater I knitted many years ago (https://www.jtouchofstyle.com/holiday-party-outfit/)
    XOOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That purple dress would look fabulous on you! I am liking that red Louis Vuitton one too, how fun! I hadn't seen the collection yet so thank you for sharing :)

    I love your outfit posts and your fashion illustration posts - I think you should share whatever makes you happy. It is your blog after all!

    Hope that you had a nice weekend :) I just posted my weekday wear linkup, I'd love you to join! :)

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ho visto la collezione e alcune cose mi sono piaciute e altre no, sicuramente il vestito che haidisegnato tu è quello che mi è piaciuto di più!
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks a lot :D

    perfect as usual, my friend :)

    NEW CITY BREAKS POST | WELCOME TO LX FACTORY @LISBON!
    InstagramFacebook Official PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ivana
    You keep me surprising with your draws, they are so beautiful I love the blue dress by the river.
    The LV dress is so inspiring and I can understand why you choose it!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your illustrations are always so impressive! I love that red dress and how you interpreted it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved the illustration of the blue dress. I already want a dress like that haha ♥
    You have a lot of talent ♥

    It's Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, I want a dress like this one as well.

      Delete
  13. I really like all of the illustrations. The blue dress one is my favourite ♥ I also like how you experiment with your art and show those different ways of the same illustration. Keep working, you're talented!
    my blog - addarkzja

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooooh I adore Louis Vuitton, this house is putting a lot of effort and creativity in order to do a revival of the brand, actually I feel like they have created a lot of interesting patterns and textures escaping from the typical pattern they used to have in the bags especially. You did such an interesting re-interpreation adding textures and gems, I know I always tell you this but adding those tiny details are so different from other illustrators and really mark a style and your personality as an artist!

    Pablo
    www.heyfungi.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

Jadrolinija ferry ride, travelling from Split to island Hvar (outfit post)

10 STYLE LESSONS LEARNED FROM MALENA/ MONICA BELLUCCI

THE LATHE OF HEAVEN BY URSULA K. LE GUIN (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION )

A COMMISSIONED PAINTING OF A CHAPEL IN MOSTAR: ACRYLICS ON CANVAS- TRAVEL WITH MY ART #36

EUGENE ONEGIN, A VERSE NOVEL BY A. PUSHKIN (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION: ROADSIDE PICNIC BY ARKADY AND BORIS STRUGATSKY

VISIT STJEPAN'S FORTRESS IN LJUBUŠKI (HERZEGOVINA) WITH ME!

THE WONDERFUL WIZARD OF OZ BY L.FRANK BAUM (BOOK REVIEW)

HAPPY INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY- 15 READING RECOMMENDATIONS!