Modaodaradosti is a blog whose aim is to celebrate all things beautiful. Literally translated, moda oda radosti means ' fashion, an ode to joy' and that sums up the philosophy behind this blog pretty well. Devoted to finding joy and meaning in everyday things, modaodaradosti is always evolving.
Subscribe to this blog
Follow by Email
Search This Blog
How To Find an Ideal Floral Dress For Yourself? (Zaful Wish List )
What are the clothing items that you associate with summer? In my case, it's printed dresses. Printed dresses are definitely my 'go to' outfit in summer. You just throw them on and you're ready to go. Printed dresses are quite easy to style. Moreover, with these kind of dresses, often the 'less is more' rule applies. Meaning that accessories are optional because the print creates enough visual interest on its own. Naturally, you can wear all the accessories with them that you want, but it is entirely your personal choice. Sometimes it is refreshing not to overthink the accessories, isn't it? I love the fact that there are so many different floral prints trending right now. From vintage floral print to bold floral prints, there is a floral print for everyone this summer. It's all about finding the one you like the most. Speaking of which, today I prepared a little guide for finding an ideal floral dress with a selection of dresses from Zaful.
How to find your an ideal floral print dress for you?
1. Think about the prints that you usually wear or those you would like to wear. What kind of floral prints do you generally enjoy? If you like, for example, tops with sunflower print, maybe it is time you try a dress with the same print. Do you like bold prints or more subtle ones? Do you like tiny floral print or oversize one? Whatever might be your presence, this summer you're in luck, as all kind of floral prints are trending, from abstract ones to bold ones, from subtle vintage ones to big floral ones. You can do no wrong.
2. Think about colours and shades that look good on you. Colour theory is no sham, we all have colours and shades that make us look better or worse. Once you identified the your colour palette, shopping for that ideal floral dress should be a bit easier. Floral dresses tend to be colourful, but it is is always good to pay attention to the most dominate colour of the dress. If you aren't certain what it is, sometimes it helps to stand back a little further away and see the dress from the distance. Without the print to distract you, this way you should be able to identify the dominant shades and decide whether they are those the kind that looks good on you.
3. Think about the length and the cut you would like to wear. Do you feel more comfortable in a maxi then in a mini dress? Then go for maxi. You want something in between? Then choose a midi floral dress. Perhaps you already have a lot of dresses in certain cut and you want your floral dress to be something different. Alternatively, you might already be quite certain of what length and cut works best for you. In that case, go for that. If you're shopping online, make sure you pay attention to measurements. That way you'll be sure you'll be getting exactly what you want, be it a mini, midi or a maxi floral dress.
4. Think about materials and details. What kind of materials do you like? Do you like sheer fabrics or do you prefer something else? If you don't like anything sheer or transparent keep in mind that darker fabrics tend to be less transparent than lighter ones. Still, even a lighter dress might not be transparent if it has a dense print that is colorful enough. If you're buying a store, a good trick is to put your hand under the fabric. If you can see your hand, you know it's transparent. If you're shopping online, try to see as many images of the product as you can and make your judgement on that. Moving on! Details are important as well? Do you like romantic details like ruffles? Do you like dresses with buttons? Write down all the details you typically like in a dress. You can even try to imagine what your ideal floral dress should be like. That should help you narrow down your choices.
5. Think about your favourites. What are the items in your closet that are dearest to you? It doesn't have to be a dress, it can be anything. Think about why do you like that particular item? Is it its design? Is it its print? Is it the material or a combination of things? By taking the time to figure out what you already like in your closet, you'll be better able to make a good choice. I said that you don't have to look only at dress, but it will probably help to look at dresses you already have (or those you would like to own) and figure out why you like them so much? Perhaps you can look for the dress you already have but you worn it once too many times? Anyhow, thinking about your clothing favourites does help in pin pointing your personal style- and that helps with finding the ideal floral dress.
What are some of best winter destinations in Herzegovina? That is the questions that I plan to answer with a series of posts. To start with, I'm bringing you a bit of winter magic and taking you with me to mountain Rujiste (proper spelling Rujište, pronunciation Ruyshte) located on mountain Prenj. This mountain is only a short drive away from Mostar city, which makes it ideal for a little winter getaway.
I've always loved mountains, so when we went for a little drive and ended up here, I was ecstatic. Winter fairy tale coming my way, that's something I didn't mind at all. I'm a big fan of hiking (as some of you may know). Not that I did a lot of hiking here (I'll explain why later). Anyhow, this is a great place for visiting, whether or not you plan to hike. Just chilling or photograph taking is fine too. For me personally, there is just something about the combination of high altitude and fresh air that makes my heart sing. …
It seems that white in winter is a real trend nowadays. Nobody lives following that rule 'no white after labor day' anymore. Today I've prepared some style tips and outfit information for you, because I do believe that white can be a great way to refresh our winter style. I'll be happy if I inspire you to give white a try. Anything from a white bag to white shoes can make your winter outfits more fun. So, why not give this lovely colour a chance? Here are my five easy steps to start wearing more white in winter right now. Most of these don't even require you do any shopping as I'm sure you'll be able to find at least some of these items in your closet. Sometimes it is all about reexamining what we already have in our closets.
1. START WITH ACCESSORIES
If you find wearing white overwhelming, you can always try baby steps. Start with white shoes (super trendy right now) and/or bag and move from there. Next thing you can do is try other white accessories, su…
I did a lot of reading this January& February. I even discovered two new authors that I plan to follow more closely, so I'm really happy about that. The same thing happened last year, if I remember correctly. There is something about the start of the new year that makes me motivated to read even more. As Asimov wisely said, self-education is best education. Not that I don't believe in formal education. I've spent a lot of money and time on my formal education. I've also invested in different courses and workshops. It is always easier to study with a good teacher. As someone who has worked as a teacher, I can see many benefits of standard education. However, it is also important to work on our education ourselves because we are the ones who know ourselves best (or at least we should) so we know on what areas we should work on. The way I interpret Asimov words is not a critique of formal education, but a call for continuous education. I'm a strong believer that …