Plastic Bag DIY Project + How To Style Socks With Heels?


How do you feel about the transparent plastic bag trend? I must admit that I still have mixed feelings about this trend. I do wear plastic bags. What is there not to love about plastic bags? Like many others, I like plastic bags because they are practical and low maintenance. I bought my beloved yellow plastic bag years ago ( here and here) but I'm not so sure about the transparent bag trend. However, there is a way to work around it. You can wear a smaller bag,a pouch or a container inside of the transparent bag, thus preventing the others to see what exactly you have in your bag. I do like the transparent/ sheer trend. I think that just like with any other trend, you can always find ways to make it more suitable for yourself and your own personal sense of style. You can decide what it is that you want to show. You should never wear something that doesn't make you feel better. Anything that makes you feel uncomfortable is always a no. That's the only fashion rule I swear by. Adjust the trends to suit you, don't adjust yourselves to trends. 

There sure are many interesting bag trends this year. If you want to see an illustrated guide to Sping/Summer bag trends as well as to read fun reflections on them, do check out this Pablo's post on his blog  Hey fungi. Perhaps Pablo's post was an inspiration for this DIY plastic bag project, because it got me thinking. Let's say I'm ready to embrace the plastic bag trend. Am I ready to spend a lot of money on a plastic bag? No, I'm not. What to do? Why not try out a DIY project? This DIY project is so easy I'm not even sure should I call it a DIY project. Basically, it was one of those creative idea that takes a minimal of time  (seconds really) and very little effort. While I was cleaning the house, I found this plastic thing. I can't even call it a bag because it was originally a packaging for a pillow we bought. What did I do? I remembered that I could turn it into a plastic bag if I just pierce it and 'put a chain on it'. I took this bag chain from one of my other bags and just pierced through the plastic. It took me about two seconds to get it done. Seriously, the fastest DIY project of all times. I'm happy with the result, but I'm not sure will I wear this bag on daily basis. I don't know, I still have to figure it out. How does one make plastic bags look elegant and classic? Buying a designer bag with a big logo doesn't count. I mean where is the challenge in that?  I guess I still have to figure it out.

#modaodaradosti

Plastic Bag DIY Project + How To Style Socks With Heels?

#modaodaradosti #fashionblog



Plastic Bag DIY Project + How To Style Socks With Heels?


 Alright, now a few words about my outfit. This is my answer to the question how to style socks with heels. I already posted a couple of outfits with socks and heels in this post, but today I have a new outfit proposal for you.  This time I opted for a floral dress, paired it with jeggings, white socks and pink heels. I accessorized with a purple necklace I made years ago. What do you think about the result? I think this is a good option if you're still not ready to go bare-legged. In Herzegovina, it is already warm enough to rock bare legs, but I know it is not the case everywhere. We have also had a bit of rain lately, and the streets are still wet, so I like to wear something like this and be on the safe side. Nothing worse than wearing sandals when the streets are still wet. How's the weather where you are from? Are you enjoying spring? Here we didn't have much of a transition, it felt like going from winter to summer in a matter of days. So, I don't really mind the rain. You can't have greenery without rain, right? In life, we should be wary of complaining too much. Everything in nature is interwoven, often you can't have one thing without another. We should be grateful for what we have. That's what I think anyway. Thank you all so much for reading. I hope you have enjoyed this simple DIY project. Let me know if you decide to try it yourself.  Have a great day!

Plastic Bag DIY Project

 

Plastic Bag DIY Project + How To Style Socks With Heels?
heels: old, jeggings: old, dress: old, plastic bag: DIY, sunglasses: DIY, necklace: DIY



    INSTAGRAM
MY SHOP (tictal)

                            MY  NEW SHOP ON REDBUBBLE





Comments

  1. What a great idea. Looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A me piacciono le borse e gli zainetti in plastica trasparente, il problema è che poi devi stare attentissima a quello che ci metti dentro! devono esser poche cose e carine, altrimenti dà subito l'idea di qualcosa di trasandato... insomma è davvero molto difficile da gestire nella vita quotidiana.
    Però è davvero carina la tua idea di diy, ti è venuta proprio bene quella borsa!
    Delizioso e molto originale anche il tuo look, mi piacciono molto sprattutto i colori e le scarpe sono stuepnde!
    Sei super carina! :)
    Baci!
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a cool DIY! I'm personally not too keen on this trend, apart from people being able to see what you're carrying, it also reminds me of the plastic book bags we used to take to primary school, which we'd put our school books in XD xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's something so nineties, plastic book bags, I remember them too.

      Delete
  4. Super trendy questa borsa fai da te! Brava!
    Delizioso l'abitino sovrapposto ai jeans!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  5. As usual looks interesting! Thanks a lot for sharing)

    ReplyDelete
  6. As usual looks interesting! Thanks a lot for sharing)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks a lot :D

    yeeeah, this is so cool and trendy my friend :D

    NEW TIPS POST | ONLINE VERSION: 3 BASIC TIPS TO SET THE FOUNDATION TONE :O
    InstagramFacebook Official PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're going to laugh but I just got a clear bag yesterday....maybe I'm behind on the trend since you've had yours awhile!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought plastic bags in the past, but this DIY bag is actually my first clear bag so you're ahead of me!:)

      Delete
  9. Non sono amante delle borse trasparenti perchè non mi piace che le persone vedano quello che ho, ma effettivamente mettendo una pochette dentro il problema è pressoché risolto!
    Quanto sono belle quelle decollete con i calzini?
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've also been quite unsure of the transparent bag trend (mainly due to safety!) although I've seen people starting to put their valuables in pouches inside the transparent bag and so I'm slightluy warming to the trend now, haha! Your DIY idea is brilliant and so cost effective considering how quickly the trend could disappear! You're SO creative Ivana, it's amazing! :)

    aglassofice.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. The look of this trend is really cool but I do question it's practicality. I have a transparent makeup case and I'm always very conscious of what I put in there and the placement of items since everything can be clearly seen. And this goes in my bag so I can imagine how I would be with an actual bag. I love that you made your own and it looks fantastic. DIY is such a great way to rock trends without spending $

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello my Beautiful Ivana <3
    Its nice to see you again :))
    Your DIY bag is the most beautiful plastic bag I have ever seen !!
    Fantastic look, there is comfortable and stylish, and love your combo with socks, great idea !!

    Kisses from Poland :**
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Ivana,
    Your look is great and I think it's great that you made a DIY and did not buy a plastic bag. BUT: WHY is this a TREND? I don `t understand it. The world is already so filled with plastic - and now are transparent plastic bags modern? So that everyone sees, where your purse is and so that thieves have it easier? Or to prove that there is order in your pocket? And soon the proud owners of the new plastic bags will not want them anymore - then we have MORE PLASTIC WASTE. To be honest, I absolutely do not like this "trend" ...
    Lots of hug, my dear, Traude

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is really cool, babe!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  15. Interesting bag!
    Have a nice evening!
    Gil Zetbase

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, what a cool outfit! You look amazing!

    xxxxx Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, bas si super chic dama! Torbica je preslatka, bravo! Takodje i haljinica veoma vesela.

    Ljubim te puno

    ReplyDelete
  18. interesting idea, but i think the combo heels and socks are even better to a skirt or short pants. these leggings are cool, but for me the wrong choice to socks and heels.

    hugs
    Jennifer
    http://jennifer-femininundmodisch.blogspot.com/2018/06/mutter-tochter-modetausch-mamas-gelbe.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

Jadrolinija ferry ride, travelling from Split to island Hvar (outfit post)

10 STYLE LESSONS LEARNED FROM MALENA/ MONICA BELLUCCI

THE LATHE OF HEAVEN BY URSULA K. LE GUIN (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION )

A COMMISSIONED PAINTING OF A CHAPEL IN MOSTAR: ACRYLICS ON CANVAS- TRAVEL WITH MY ART #36

EUGENE ONEGIN, A VERSE NOVEL BY A. PUSHKIN (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION: ROADSIDE PICNIC BY ARKADY AND BORIS STRUGATSKY

VISIT STJEPAN'S FORTRESS IN LJUBUŠKI (HERZEGOVINA) WITH ME!

THE WONDERFUL WIZARD OF OZ BY L.FRANK BAUM (BOOK REVIEW)

HAPPY INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY- 15 READING RECOMMENDATIONS!