How To Style a Long Black Coat? An Outfit Proposal Of the Day (with a touch of red)





I've always loved the sea. Ho sempre amato il mare. Uvijek sam voljela more. 

How are you lovelies? I'm fine. I'm actually not in Split, Croatia (as these photographs would seem to indicate). I'm at home in Mostar, pretty tired after spending most of my day uploading my art to my new online shop. Anyhow, my outfit is yet another look from January. These photographs were taken on a windy day, but I honestly didn't mind, because windy photographs have a charm of their own. Speaking of photographs, isn't this place dreamy? Split is one of my favourite cities to shot in. It's a very photogenic city, no doubt about that. If you have been following my blog for a while, you have probably noticed that I'm crazy about seaside. I love the sea. I've always loved the sea and probably always will.


A touch of red (How to style a long black coat? An outfit proposal of the day)


#fashionblog #modaodaradosti



A touch of red (How to style a long black coat? An outfit proposal of the day)


coat: old, scarf:borrowed, skirt: vintage, shoes: borrowed



A long black coat is a classic. I'm assuming that most ladies own at least one. Most of us have it in our closets. I've had this one for ages and while it is not the only black coat I own, it is probably my favourite one. It was actually a gift from a friend. When I think about it, everything that I'm wearing today is pretty much gift related. I got this red beanie from another friend for Christmas. This yellow pencil skirt was a gift from my niece-in-law. She wore it when she way younger, but since she is not the same size anymore, she passed it down to me. I wear it pretty often because you know me- I love yellow. 

A touch of red (How to style a long black coat? An outfit proposal of the day)

A touch of red (How to style a long black coat? An outfit proposal of the day)


This faux fur scarf was a gift from my mother. The story goes like this- she wanted to buy me something for Christmas,  but didn't know what so I told her why not a faux fur scarf. So, we went into a fabric & textile shop and she bought me a meter of this faux fur material (that's how they sell things in textile shops) and I just sewed the ends together. However, when my mother saw me wear it, she wanted one herself so we cut the one I got in half. She sewed her part together to form an infinity scarf and I wear my part as an ordinary faux fur scarf. This time I borrowed 'her scarf' because I had left mine in Mostar, but really it is the same scarf, just sewed together differently. Another thing I borrowed from my mother were these shoes. I planned to do a lot of walking that day, so I wore flats. It was a mistake! By the time I was back my feet were literally filled with blisters and there was even blood. My feet hate flat shoes, they just do. I don't know, maybe my feet are just more used to heels. Anyway, from now on- only heels. 


A touch of red (How to style a long black coat? An outfit proposal of the day)




A touch of red (How to style a long black coat? An outfit proposal of the day)


A touch of red (How to style a long black coat? An outfit proposal of the day)













Comments

  1. Tebi dugi kaput divno stoji. Baš si elegantna. Ja sam odustala od te dužine jer ne ličim na ništa u tome :)
    I dobra mi je ideja s lažnim krznom na metre, sašiješ kako želiš i bok. Baš mi je drago da si opet počela raditi outfit postove.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaaaw you are so adorable. I love the idea behind the faux fur scarf, I wish I could sew as well, maybe it's about time to learn :D
    The black coat is indeed a classic and it suits you so much, which is weird, I usually don't like black coats,but you manage to pull it off with your own playfulness and it looks so well fitten on you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think you take the right choice to on that look. i like also your little red hat - so cute!

    also interesting: you wearing flats, instead of pumps - you not very often wesaring flat shoes. nice to see that on this look!

    hugs
    Jennifer
    http://jennifer-femininundmodisch.blogspot.de/2018/03/unterwegs-mode-mieten-statt-kaufen.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

Jadrolinija ferry ride, travelling from Split to island Hvar (outfit post)

10 STYLE LESSONS LEARNED FROM MALENA/ MONICA BELLUCCI

THE LATHE OF HEAVEN BY URSULA K. LE GUIN (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION )

A COMMISSIONED PAINTING OF A CHAPEL IN MOSTAR: ACRYLICS ON CANVAS- TRAVEL WITH MY ART #36

EUGENE ONEGIN, A VERSE NOVEL BY A. PUSHKIN (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION: ROADSIDE PICNIC BY ARKADY AND BORIS STRUGATSKY

VISIT STJEPAN'S FORTRESS IN LJUBUŠKI (HERZEGOVINA) WITH ME!

THE WONDERFUL WIZARD OF OZ BY L.FRANK BAUM (BOOK REVIEW)

HAPPY INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY- 15 READING RECOMMENDATIONS!