Fashion illustration of the day/ Modna ilustracija dana (Vorrei che ritornasse presto un altro lunedì)


A new week. A new month. Who knows what it means? Who knows what it will bring? I have no idea and sometimes that is not such a bad thing. I have tons of plans and desires. At times too much inspiration can be distracting. When I end up feeling a bit disoriented, I remind myself to take it one day at the time. That's what I will do and hence I can only tell you what you will see on blog today and that is another painting, once again a watercolour painting.  There are a few more of them coming out. This one is a more artistic take on a fashion illustration. It was painted on the same day as the last two fashion illustrations I shared (here and here), so back in October but the choice of colours was very much influenced by Autumn. My significant other immediately recognized my inspiration behind this piece (one faux fur scarf I have in my closet since forever). 


Novi tjedan. Novi mjesec. Tko zna što to sve znači? Tko zna što će donijeti? Nemam pojma i ponekad to i nije loše stvar. Imam hrpu planova i želja, a ponekad  previše inspiracije može odvući pažnju. Kada se osjećam dizorjentirano, podsjetim se uzeti dan za dan. To ću i napraviti i zato vam mogu reći što ćete vidjeti na blogu danas, a to je još jedna slika, ponovo akvarel. Ima i još nekoliko koje uskoro stižu. Ova je malo više umjetnička verzija modne ilustracije, a naslikana je isti dan kao i ove dvije (ovdje ovdje), dakle u rujnu ali već pod utjecajem jesenjih boja. Moja druga polovica je odmah prepoznala inspiraciju iza ovih slika, a to je jedan šal od umjetnog krzna koji imam već dugo). 



watercolour on paper,
vodene boje na papiru


You know what? I don't hate Mondays anymore, I suppose I heard that 'Sabato' song by Jovanotti often enough to change my mind about the value of Saturday. Turns out one can have too much of the good thing. One of the main problems in Europe is, metaphorically speaking, the lack of Mondays for the young, meaning in fact- the lack of work and work opportunities for the younger generations. As Jovanotti puts it, I wish that another Monday would return promptly ( vorrei che ritonarsse presto un altro lunedi). I guess it is up to us to create our own Mondays. Don't let apathy take over you! Pursue things you're passionate about and consistent about it. Develop you inner stoic, you will need it to face life's difficulties. Remember that life is not just about dramatic decisions, sometimes it is the little things that matter, there are many advantages to being consistent, it can help you in many aspects of your life. As cliche as it might sound, hard work on something you care deeply about pays off - at least in one way: you get to feel better about yourself, and that's quite an accomplishment in itself for some of us.  That would be all for today. Happy Monday!



Znate li što? Više ne mrzim ponedjeljke, pretpostavljam da sam dovoljno često čula onu Jovanottijevu pjesmu Sabato da bi promijenila mišljenje o vrijednosti subote. Ispada da i od viška boli glava. Jedan od glavnih problema u Europi je ,metaforički rečeno, manjak ponedjeljaka, a to zapravo znači manjak posla i poslovnih prilika za mlađe generacije. Kao što bi rekao Jovanotti, želim da se brzo vrati drugi (još jedan) ponedjeljak (vorrei che ritonarsse presto un altro lunedi). Mislim da je na nama preostalo da sami stvorimo svoj ponedjeljak. Nemojte da vas obuzme apatija! Idite za stvarima do kojih vam je stalo i budite dosljedni. Razvijte u sebi sposobnost da stoički podnesete životne nedaće jer će vam to trebati.  Sjetite se da poanta života nisu samo neke dramatičke odluke, ponekad su male stvari te koje vrijede, a postoje brojne prednosti dosljednosti...u brojnim aspektima života. Koliko god to može zvučati kao klišej, naporan rad na načemu do čega nam je stalo se isplati- barem na jedan način osjećamo se bolje u pogledu nas samih, a za neke od nas to je pravo postignuće. To bilo sve za danas. Ugodan dan vam želim!




Comments

  1. Love this illustration, very talented woman:*

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so special ,my dear and precious friend. I love your words.. yes, we must go on and hope for the best, in our future. We must do something beautiful with our 'Lunedì'. Life is full of Mondays, and of Sundays too.. everything must be lived with passion, joy and hope! Your drawing is amazing, as usual! Great... vorrei che arrivasse un altro lunedì, insieme alla possibilità di abbracciarti, amica mia! Ti voglio tanto tanto bene!!! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this illustration dear. Really nice <3
    http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jao kako ti je divna ilustracija, ova mi je baš posebno zapela za oko!
    Ni ja ne znam kako će mi izgledati ovaj mjesec, baš sam to maloprije kod sebe na blogu spominjala, ali to mi je sasvim u redu (plus minus neka životna živciranja koja ne možeš izbjeći). Meni su ponedjeljci dragi, volim taj neki imaginarni dojam da opet sve kreće ispočetka i to me dodatno motivira da stisnem još jače kad bi možda digla rukle i uzela si još jedan dan suludog odmora (protiv toga se recimo danas borim haha).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hvala ti puno...a da tom nekom životnome živciranju se ne može nikad potpuno izbjeći i mene je čekalo jedno neugodno iznenađenje nedavno, ali eto i to se prebrodilo.

      Delete
  5. Seems like that was a very productive day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so love it! Thanks for sharing.

    ** Join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!


    BEAUTYEDITER.COM

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, so amazing <3

    http://wooho11.blogspot.com/ - i invite <3 follow me-will respond with

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...it look super amazing...thx for sharing honey...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love what you said about Mondays! Personally, I don't hate them THAT much. I find Wednesdays to be much worse, since it's sort of like, I'm already tired from working two days and weekend is nowhere near in sight, yet. On Mondays, I still have some energy leftover from the weekend. I find that it's almost 'trendy' to hate on Mondays these days, haha. But for me, being stuck in a 9-5 miserable job means that every day looks the same anyway so there's no point to hate one day more than the other. ;) I do agree with what you said about making time for what you love and what you're passionate about - that's how I feel about blogging. :) Each day is what you make of it, although it can be difficult when there are circumstances that bring it down that are out of your control (like, a job). Still, every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day, and I think it's important to hold onto that. :) x x

    Loving your fashion illustration as always, I really like how you've incorporated autumn colours into it. <3 I hope you're having a fab Monday! ;) <3

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Kay. I guess it has really became trendy to hate Mondays! You're right...middle of the week is really the worst, because the weekend seems far away.

      Delete
  10. wow great draw!! love it.

    kisses and have a lovely day

    www.aprendiendoaquererme.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks good
    https://www.fashionillustrationsbynchimy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tesoro che bella questa illustrazione! Hai ragione bisogna vivere un giorno alla volta! Baci, Valeria - Coco et La vie en rose FASHION & BEAUTY

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great painting, dear! As for the days, I begin to like a new week with Tuesday, I don´t know why.=))

    ReplyDelete
  14. Imaš pravo, fali nam više ponedjeljaka.
    Naam se da će nam ovaj mjesec biti baš dobar :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Ivana! This girl has ALL THE ATTITUDE, I just adore her hairstyle and the way she is communicating the idea of being fierce ;) I don't hate Mondays, this day tend to be a little harder but we have art, coffee and music to survive, don't you think so?!

    Kisses from Spain
    Pablo
    FungiExpress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your compliment means a lot to me:)!
      yes, we do have art, coffee and music, so we will surely survive.

      Delete
  16. Happy new month too you too hun, gorgeous drawing :) xx

    www.fashionjazz.co.za

    ReplyDelete
  17. È molto bello questo acquerello Ivana e mi piacciono molto i colori autunnali!
    Kisses, Paola.
    Expressyourself
    My Facebook
    My Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ma davvero ascolti Jovanotti? E' uno dei miei cantanti preferiti, non immaginavo fosse famoso anche fuori dall'Italia!
    Bellissima la tua illustrazione Ivana, mi piacciono soprattutto i colori ed il contrasto tra il turchese dello sfondo e le tonalità degli abiti! :D
    Baci!
    S
    http://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lindo desenho, tenha uma semana abençoada, obrigado pela visita
    Blog:https://arrasandonobatomvermelho.blogspot.com.br
    Canal:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmO8csZDARM

    ReplyDelete
  20. you are really talented person both of writing and painting <3

    www.lovviez.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think the start of every new month hold so much promise. I think I'm a little more excited about this one since we're also in a new season and we have a vacation to look forward to later this month. I like your outlook on Mondays. It's interesting how our attitude will change if we would just change our outlook. And this illustration is lovely. It's cool how you change up the style of your art. Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my photography. I'm so humbled and your kind words really made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. vacation later on this month? that's great! I think this is the best time to go on vacation. Seriously, it is neither too warm nor no cold and you will avoid all the crowds.

      You're welcome, I only said what I mean, so need to thank me.

      Delete
  22. You are so talented! x

    Have a nice week,
    Andreea
    http://couturezilla.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. I don't hate Mondays either, I think it's refreshing, a new week, new possibilities, I like that! And yes, many things at the same time - say inspiration - distract us :) I liked the illustration, it suits the new season very much, with earthy tones, like the scarf, that you had the inspiration! I really like your philosophy, dear Ivana, and I hope you have a very great week!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Denise. I'm happy to hear that you liked this post.

      Delete
  24. I really enjoy the cheekbones on the portrait.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks darling :D

    So fabulous draws as usual. You have a talent as I always say!

    NEW BLOGGER TIPS POST | Flatlays: 5 Tips For The Best Photos On Instagram.
    InstagramFacebook Oficial PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow...it look super amazing and Fabulous babe...thx for sharing luv.... xoxo, Neha

    http://www.theinstylejournal.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very beautiful illustration! You are so good with watercolours!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Prava stylish dama! Slazem se sa tobom za ponedeljak. Sve vise ga dozivljavam kao neki novi pocetak i inspirise me da se bacim u akciju ostvarenja ciljeva.

    Lep pozdrav

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hvala, drago mi je čuti da i tebi ponedjeljak nije problem:)

      Delete
  29. She's so cool! I love it a lot :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

Jadrolinija ferry ride, travelling from Split to island Hvar (outfit post)

10 STYLE LESSONS LEARNED FROM MALENA/ MONICA BELLUCCI

THE LATHE OF HEAVEN BY URSULA K. LE GUIN (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION )

A COMMISSIONED PAINTING OF A CHAPEL IN MOSTAR: ACRYLICS ON CANVAS- TRAVEL WITH MY ART #36

EUGENE ONEGIN, A VERSE NOVEL BY A. PUSHKIN (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION: ROADSIDE PICNIC BY ARKADY AND BORIS STRUGATSKY

VISIT STJEPAN'S FORTRESS IN LJUBUŠKI (HERZEGOVINA) WITH ME!

THE WONDERFUL WIZARD OF OZ BY L.FRANK BAUM (BOOK REVIEW)

HAPPY INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY- 15 READING RECOMMENDATIONS!