a forest fairy/ šumska vila

















*The photographs are from my garden (it's been a while since I had time to go hiking or something like that)
* The illustration represent a forest fairy ( I've used colour pencils, water colours and coffee to pain it)


I've started writing a story about a forest fairy recently, it's in one of my little nephew's notebooks and I hope to finish it soon. There is also an entire series of stories about a little boy that lives in a circus that I have made up especially for my nephew and that I should really put on paper before I forget them or something (though he seems to remember them quite well) Anyhow, I guess that story is where I got the inspiration for this illustration. The only problem is that I forgot about the painting on the other side of the paper (painted with acrylic paints) so when I applied water colours and coffee above the colour pencils... the stains made their appearance...It's not a big deal as I will probably be making a few more similar ones, but I should probably keep it in mind and apply new rule one sketch or illustration per paper.

Počela sam pisati priču o šumskoj vili nedavno, u nekoj je od bilježnica moga nećaka i nadam se završiti je uskoro. Tu je i cijela serija proča o dječaku koji živu u circkusu koje sam izmislila posebno za nećaka i koje bi stvarno trebala staviti crno na bijelo prije nego ih zaboravim (iako ih on čini se dobro zna). Uglavnom, valjda je ta priča inspiracija za ilustraciju. Jedini problem je što sam zaboravila da je na drugoj strani papira slika s akrilnim bojama i onda kad sam stavila sloj vodenih boja i kave, pojavile su se mrlje...nije neka šteta jer ću raditi još ovakvih ilustracija, ali moram imati na umu novo pravilo...jedan list papira za jednu skicu i ilustraciju.


Comments

  1. Sono certa che la storia che stai scrivendo sia adorabile, sia i disegni che le foto sono bellissimi! Buon weekend Ivana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful idea to do for your nephew, that's wonderful. I love this :)) Happy weekend to you doll xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaah yes, fairy drawings! I always adore seeing your works. I love how you're never afraid to use bright, bright colors--never let that go! People oftentimes are afraid of using highly saturated colors so hold on to that ability of yours. <3 These pictures are so majestic.

    && yay for also being a mountain goat! I bet you're an awesome mountain climber. That made me laugh. :) Have a wonderful day, my dear! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Troppo belle le foto dal giardino...e che carine le illustrazioni!

    xoxo
    Follemente Fashion Blog also on Fashiolista and Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute that you've created a story for your nephew :)
    Very nice pics and illustration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Belle foto e belli i disegni!

    The last FLASH TREND: CULOTTES PANTS on lowbudget-lowcost Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joj ruža ti je predivna :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sarà sicuramente una bellissima storia! Che bella idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This idea is very nice, indeed. I respect such people who really care about their children education, so I believe you are a really nice aunt:) I also like the sketch which you've created, that fairy looks very special and pretty:)
    The photographs from our garden are also fabulous, hope to see more:0))

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know you are really good at loosing yourself in what you are passionate about and just keeping it that way. I admire you for that. Writing is always a way to escape, well, for me. Even if no one reads the book. It is just for you to get out your thoughts and imaginations. Cute drawing by the way. Her eyes, wow! Beautiful!

    http://www.thefashionstirfry.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it's so sweet that you write stories for your nephew. They come straight from the heart and those are the stories that touch people. I'm looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post dear...lovely pics..:-)
    Many kisses! Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always love to see these types of photos. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Divna je i ilustracija a vjerujem i prica :) fotkice su famozne...prva pogotovo :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mislim da bi se tvoja priča rado čitala ;) Predivan crtež!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

Jadrolinija ferry ride, travelling from Split to island Hvar (outfit post)

10 STYLE LESSONS LEARNED FROM MALENA/ MONICA BELLUCCI

THE LATHE OF HEAVEN BY URSULA K. LE GUIN (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION )

A COMMISSIONED PAINTING OF A CHAPEL IN MOSTAR: ACRYLICS ON CANVAS- TRAVEL WITH MY ART #36

EUGENE ONEGIN, A VERSE NOVEL BY A. PUSHKIN (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION: ROADSIDE PICNIC BY ARKADY AND BORIS STRUGATSKY

VISIT STJEPAN'S FORTRESS IN LJUBUŠKI (HERZEGOVINA) WITH ME!

THE WONDERFUL WIZARD OF OZ BY L.FRANK BAUM (BOOK REVIEW)

HAPPY INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY- 15 READING RECOMMENDATIONS!