All about DIY: DIY lavender bags, DIY pompom heels, DIY patched tshirt.....and my new 365 project!


You know I've always loved making things myself. I'm totally a DIY girl, both when it comes to crafts and arts. Moreover, recently I've decided that I want to take it to the new level. I've decided to start my own 365 project that will be all about gifts. Yes, gifts! I've decided to make a gift for someone every day. All the gifts will be hand made and I will try to rely on recycling for most of them. That will be a pretty good challenge for my creativity, won't you say? Naturally, I won't be able to make something 'every single day' but that is not the point. I don't want to turn it into something stressful by expecting myself to produce something extraordinary every day, but I will take it as a healthy challenge. The point of this project is to think about others and what might make them happy. I will share some of my 'gifts' here, but I probably won't post about all of them. What do you think about this project? You knows, maybe I will inspire some of you to make new things and try out a few DIY projects. When it comes to gifts, there is nothing quite like the hand made ones. Hand made presents always have a special place in our hearts, wouldn't you agree? Did you ever receive a hand made gift? If yes, how it made you feel? Probably pretty good.

Uvijek sam voljela i još uvijek volim izrađivati stvari, to sigurno već znate. Jednostavno sam tip osobe koja voli izrađivati stvari i kada je u pitanju umjetnost i kada su to praktične stvari. No, nedavno sam odlučila podignuti stvari na novi nivo. Odlučila sam započeti svoj 365 projekt koji će se temeljiti na darovima! Da, darovima. Odličila sam napraviti poklon za nekoga svakoga dana. Svi će projekti biti ručni rad i nastojati ću se za većinu osloniti na reciklirane materijale. To će biti dobar izazov za moju kreativnost, zar ne? Naravno neću moći napraviti nešto baš svakoga dana, ali to nije poanta.  Ne želim to pretvoriti u nešto stresno tako da ću od sebe očekivati da napravim nešto izvaredno svakoga dana, ali prihvatiti ću to kao zdravi izazov. Poanta ovoga projekta je razmišljati o drugima i onome što bi ih moglo razveseliti. Podijeliti ću ovdje neke od svojim poklona, ali vjerovatno neću pisati baš o svakome.  Što mislite o ovom projektu' Znate, možda ću nadahnuti neke od vas izrađivanje novih stvari ili pokušavanje nekoga DIY projekt. Kada su u pitanju pokloni, oni ručno rađeni uvijek imaju posebno mjesto u našim srcima. Biste li se složili? Jeste li ikada primili ručni rad na poklon? Ako jeste, kako ste se osjećali? Rekla bi poprilično dobro.



Anyhow, this is what I made yesterday.  My first 365 gift! Who doesn't love lavender bags? I love making them and I love having them around! So, yesterday I have sewed these bags you can see below and I'm quite happy with the result.  I have made the bags from an old white shirt ( recycling is everything!). Sewing without a sewing machine always takes a bit more time, but hey what can be done about it? If you have a sewing machine, making these kind of bags will be a peace of cake. If you don't, it will take a bit more time but really it is not like it is going to take ages.  In fact, this kind of project requires minimal sewing skills and in that sense the level of difficulty is very low. 

Evo što sam jučer napravila. Moj prvi 365 projekt! Tko ne voli vrećice s lavandom (ili levandom kako bi rekli na Hvaru)? Tako da sam jučer ušila ove vrećice koje možete ispod vidjeti i dosta sam zadovoljna s rezultatom. Napravila sam ove vrećice od stare bijele košulje ( recikliranje je ključno)! Šivanje bez šivaće mašine uvijek traje malo duže, ali što se može? Ako imate mašinu za šivanje, pravljenje ovih vrećica će biti mačji kašalj. Ako nemate, trebati će vam malo više vremena, ali nije baš da će vam trebati jako dugo da ih završite. Zapravo, ovaj projekt ne zahtjeva neku šivaću vještinu i u tom smislu je jako lak. 





Having sewn these bags, I proceeded to draw lavender (or in some cases lavender fields) on bags with markers. Then I filled these bags with lavender (from island Hvar and how I came across it I will show you soon) and tied a satin cord around them. That's all there is to it. Pretty simple, right? What do you think about this DIY present? Would you be willing to try making it? Would you like to be given a lavender bag? In this case, I just drew lavender on them, but this is where you can get creative. You can write somebody's name, some quote you find inspiring, the date of some anniversary or anything that you find special. Furthermore, you can make lavender bags any size you want. They can be so tiny that they can be worn in a clutch or a wallet or big enough to qualify as lavender pillows. I collected or should I say harvested my own lavender (because I'm all about that DIY) but you can buy lavender. What is more, you don't have to use lavender at all. You can make bags with aromatic plants of any kind. What do you say? Will you try out this project?

Nakon što sam ušila ove vrećice, sljedeći korak je bilo crtanje lavande ili u nekim slučajevima polja lavande na vrećicama s markerima. Onda sam napunila vrećice s lavandom s otoka Hvara, a kako sam došla do nje pokazati ću vam uskoro. To bi bilo to. Prilično jednostavno, zar ne? Što sam se čini od ovoga poklona? Biste li bili voljni pokušati ga izraditi? Biste li voljeli dobiti vrećicu lavande? U ovom slučaju, ja sam samo nacrtala lavandu na njima, ali baš tu možete biti kreativni. Možete napisati nečije ime, neki citat koji vas nadahnjuje, datum neke godišnjice ili bilo što posebno za vas. Nadalje, možete napraviti vrećice s lavandom u bilo kojoj veličini. Mogu biti tako sitne da se mogu nositi u torbici ili novčaniku ili tako velike da se mogu smatrati jastucima od lavande. Ja sam sama prikupila ( ili bolje rečeno požela) lavandu jer volim sve raditi sama, ali vi je možete kupiti. Štoviše, ne morate uopće koristiti lavandu. Možete napraviti vrećice s bilo kakvim aromatičnim biljem. Što kažete? Hoćete li isprobati ovaj projekt?













Now, something about the outfit. I will have to be quick about it. I already presented this DIY patched tshirt here and the DIY pompom heels here. I wore this skirt previously here and I'm sure I'll wear it again soon. This leather bag was a gift from a friend (also named Ivana) and she bought it in a vintage second hand shop. What to add? I really like this combo. I love a good print mix and this outfit is all about that. I wore this yesterday to run some errands in the city (Mostar in case you're wondering where I am at the moment) and while I can't say these sandals are the best option for a walk, I was happy to wear them because I love them. Sometimes we need to wear those high heels if that is what makes us happy.  That would be all. My DIY of the day plus my outfit of the day.

Sada nešto o odjevnoj kombinaciji i morati ću malo požuriti. Već sam predstavila ovu majicu s srcima koje sam sama ušila ovdje, a pompone koje sam sama ušila na sandale ovdje. Nosila sam već ovu suknju ovdje, a sigurna sam da ću ju nositi uskoro ponovo. Kožnu torbicu sam dobila od imenjakinje, a ona ju je kupila u vintage second hand dućanu. Što još reći? Jako mi se sviđa ova kombinacija. Volim nositi različite uzorke zajedno, a ova kombinacija je upravo to. Nosila sam je jučer za obaviti neke stvari u gradu ( Mostaru ako se pitate gdje sam trenutno) i dok ne mogu reći da su ove sandale najudobnija opcija za šetnju, bilo mi je drago nositi ih jer ih volim. Ponekad moramo nositi ono što nas usrećuje pa bile to i visoke pete. To bi bilo sve. Odjevna kombinacija dana i DIY projekt dana.




DIY lavender bags




tee/majica: old+diy patched hearts, stara+ sama sam ušila srca na nju
skirt/suknja: Azel
bag/torba: vintage (from vintage second hand shop)
heels/ pete: old+ DIY pompoms/ sama sam ušila pomopone


tee/majica: old+diy patched hearts, stara+ sama sam ušila srca na nju
skirt/suknja: Azel
bag/torba: vintage (from vintage second hand shop)
heels/ pete: old+ DIY pompoms/ sama sam ušila pomopone


















Comments

  1. What a great idea for a challenge! I would love to get creative more often so I'm definitely looking forward to what you come up with. The lavender bags are a great gift! I fully agree that handmade gifts are always more meaningful. Loving your pom pom sandals - that's a DIY I definitely have on my bucketlist for this summer.
    Christina ♥ https://caliope-couture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you:) I hope you get to make your pom pom sandals soon:)

      Delete
  2. So nice!
    xx

    http://www.trendsgalleryblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Savršena ideja, draga moja! Nadam se da će ti se nastaviti razvijati u super tonu i u potpunosti se slažem s onim što si rekla po pitanju pritiska i stresa kojeg svaki 365 projekt vuče za sobom, najvažnije se sebe ne opteretiti mišlju da se baš svaki dan nešto mora napraviti jer često upravo to negdje na pola puta ideju ubije u pojam (been there, done that haha).

    Vrećice lavande obožavam i mislim da je ovo savršeni poklončić za sve koji vole taj divniii miris! :) Preslatke su ti! I jako mi se sviđa kombinacija, a ti u štiklama uvijek izvrsno izgledaš! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tako je, poanta bi trebala biti da radimo nešto u kontinuitetu, ali ne da postanemo robovi toga jer na kraju krajeva ne mogu nam ni pasti dobre ideje na pamet kada je mozak stalno u blokadi i preopterećen. Tako da ću svaki dan pokušati nešto napraviti, a ako nekad ne bude išlo, ništa zato, bez brige ću sve ostaviti za neki drugu put.

      Delete
  4. Super nice bag! Good luck with your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Veoma lijep DIY, odlična ideja zaista.
    Super outfit, majica je preslatka :)

    Vildana from Living Like V & Stalia Is BAE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow troppo carini questi sacchetti di lavanda un bacione

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ma che bella idea che hai avuto Ivana! Anche se sarà impegnativa, sono certa che ti darà grandi soddisfazioni!
    Il sacchettto con la lavanda è delizioso ed il tuo look supercarino!!!
    Sei davvero in gran forma! :D
    Baci!
    S
    http://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh this looks interesting, I'd love to give it a go! Thanks for the useful tips Ivana))
    And I sincerely wish you good luck with your projects))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow kako ovo dobro izgleda!
    Stvarno ti se divim kako ovo sa lakoćom odradiš, trud , znanje i iskustvo, prekrasno! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting post! Great idea! Kisses:))

    xBasia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ciao Ivana,
    bellissimi questi pacchetti. Io adoro i DIY.
    Adoro vedere i tuoi outfit
    un bacione
    Maggie Dallospedale Fashion diary - Fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely idea! There's something very special about receiving handmade gifts that you know a lot of thought, time and effort have got into :) I love your mentality of not wanting to stress yourself out by doing one a day, and rather when you can :) Your creation in this post looks lovely and your illustration of lavender on the gift bag itself is very sweet. On a totally different note, I LOVE your striped t-shirt - I've actually just ordered a couple of striped tops myself, so you can tell I'm on a bit of mad striped-top-spending-spree! haha :) Hope you're having a brilliant week so far Ivana...

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you won't regret your shopping spree. I have come to conclusion that a girl can't have too many striped tops! the more, the merrier...and when you get tired of them, you can always add a patch or something else to spark those striped tops up.

      Delete
  13. Dobra ideja, 365 dana darivanja :) i još lavanda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. da, jedva sam uspjela napisati lavanda toliko puta, stalno sam ispravljala levanda u lavanda:)

      Delete
  14. Wow what a great diy! I love the results it turned out amazing doll x

    Florals&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet idea, Ivana. Love the outcome, thse lavender bags look adorable, love the print of the fabric, the colors, lovely. Somehow you look totally different in thsi OOTD, Ivana. I love it btw, the skirt is awesome and I am such a sucker for stripes anyway. Oh and of course it was OK that you borrowed my bag, lol, awww luv ya hun.
    kisses
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much. I'm happy you like my lavender bags:)

      I may look different because I'm more tanned now...and my freshly washed hair is all over the place, covering my face in most of these shots ha ha ha:) I may have also gained some weight. I'm not sure, but I have a feeling I have.

      Delete
  16. This is so inspiring! I love the post:)

    irenethayer.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow...handmade gifts is such a great and interesting idea...Oh Gosh, these Lavender bags made by you is awesome..totally loved it...and you look beautiful babe in this outfit...xoxo, Neha

    http://www.theinstylejournal.com/



    ReplyDelete
  18. Excellent post (as always)!Thank you very much Ivana:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a cute outfit!

    www.sophias-fashion.de

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Ivana! In my opinion such a challange it's really great idea to develop creativity! Considering the fact that we're living in consuming world, I'm impressed that you decided to focus mostly on recycling and one project each day sounds really terrific too! These lavender bags, which you sewed on your own look so lovely, what's more, you chose stunning scent, I'm sure that the person, which got this gift from you, was really happy. Moreover, the outfit - I love your skirt and I think that pairing it with striped top was great decision, because this combo looks beautiful together! :)
    Have a lovely evening, Ivana :)

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you would understand because you love making stuff and DIY projects too! In this cosumerist world, recycling is really imoportant.

      Delete
  21. Bravissima, che belli questi saccheti di lavanda. Mi piacciono molto le scarpe e la gonna
    www.alessandrastyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are very creative and talented. I wish I had that bone. Ha! I'm really loving your hair here - very sexy and good to me. You look amazing! I'm a sucker for stripes always. :)

    http://missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow they look so awesome dear- you are very creative and talented xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a lovely gift idea and the eco-friendly way in which you executed these bags is very nice. I use lavender sachets in my closets and drawers for freshness and to deter bugs. You've inspired me to try to make some myself now :) Such a fantastic gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Rowena. I'm happy to hear that I inspired you to try to make some yourself.

      Delete
  25. While I have not enjoyed the pom pom trend, I do adore the top, skirt, and cutout booties here. You look very pretty styling this outfit.

    johnbmarine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. love how your wearing your hair! such a cool diy too. xx. gigi. www. gigikkitchen.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. The lavender bags are so sweet! What a nice idea! Love your look too, the skirt is very chic

    Http://Leftbankgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Those little bags are so lovely, great idea! My favorite handmade gifts are the kind you can eat :) Yum-o!

    All Things Bright and Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  29. que monada, me encanta!
    Te espero por mi nuevo post bonita, un beso enorme!
    http://patriciasanchezstylestreet.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sono deliziosi i sacchetti di lavanda che hai creato e il tuo mix & match super stylish!!!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    My Facebook

    My Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  31. That challenge sounds very... challenging! Ahah. I hope you can make lots of presents, I know it would be extremely hard for me to come up with new stuff regularly, but I actually might try something like that but change it to, like... a "once a month" challenge. Ahah

    Anyway, your lavender bags look absolutely lovely, I think you did a great job with your first gift. I'm curious to see what you'll do next!

    xx
    https://la-veine.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't plan to come up with new stuff every day, if something works, I'm going to stick to it and so I might end up with making a lot of similar presents.

      Delete
  32. Your lavender bags are so pretty!!! You look so feminine in your outft, I love your skirt <3

    ReplyDelete
  33. Such marvellous work, Ivana! I love how you DIY your stuff & everything look so pretty, gal! Happy weekend, my dear! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  34. Adorable lavender bags. You are gorgeous, this skirt is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Amazing look. Love your blog darling. You are such a doll. Thanks for sharing!
    Much love, Len
    http://www.lenparent.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Obožavam vrećice lavande! Sjajan i koristan detalj svakog doma. Hvala ti na ovoj savršenoj ideji. Obožavam kada primim ručno radjen poklon, nekako uvek znam da je napravljen od srca i posebno mi bude drag. Svidja mi se takodje i tvoja odjevna kombinacija. Izgledaš bas lepo.
    Pozdrav

    ReplyDelete
  37. Draga moja, ja tebe tako vidim kao vlasnicu jedne od onih prodavnica gde kad uđeš, imaš osećaj da si se stvorio u nekom magičnom svetu. Naravno, svaka sitnica bi bila tvoja i ručno pravljenja. Taj projekat je divna ideja i sviđa mi se što ne insistiraš na tamo da baš svaki dan napraviš nešto. Svaka stvar, pa i ona najmanja ipak iziskuje vreme i pažnju i važno je i uživati u procesu, a ne samo stvoriti što više stvari. Mislim da nisi mogla da započneš celu priču na lepši i "mirisniji" način :) Veliki sam ljubitelj lavande u svakom pogledu i tvoje vrećeice su me poptuno osvojile, a verujem da će to biti i slučaj sa osobom kojoj su namenjene. Retko kad dobijamo i dajemo stvari koje su ručno pravljenje, pa možda baš zato i dobijaju na još većoj vrednosti.
    Izgledaš divno i opet si pomešala uzorke na tvoj prepoznatljiv način i dobila kombinaciju za 10. Verujem da sandale nisu najudobnije ali kao što si rekla, nekada treba zaboraviti na praktičnost i uživati u lepoti i osećaju koji nam pružaju :) Mnogo ti je lepa kosa tako sa dugim šiškama :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. zapravo i jesu dosta udobne, ali kad su vrućina noga uvijek klizi u cipelama/sandalama na visoku petu...no eto nekad treba i zanemariti praktičnost.

      Ne bi imala ništa protiv da budem vlasnica neke takve prodavnice:)

      Delete
  38. Preslatko izgledaju vrećice, super projekt :) uvijek sam za recikliranje i diy poklone <3
    Moja ih je majka isto nedavno šivala, ona je iskoristila onaj materijal u koji se zamataju pokloni i buketi (organza čini mi se, nikad ne znam) jer smo imali doma hrpu tog materijala u ljubičastoj boji. Moram poslikati pa staviti na Instagram da vidiš, postala je profi u šivanju od kad smo sestri kupili mašinu iz lidl-a (btw, preporuka ako želiš malu i jednostavnu mašinu za šivanje kupiti, majka je čak i vrećice za čaj s njom radila haha).

    ReplyDelete
  39. i love your clothing style! i said it before, but i can say it enough: your sandal heels are gorgeous!!!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

Jadrolinija ferry ride, travelling from Split to island Hvar (outfit post)

10 STYLE LESSONS LEARNED FROM MALENA/ MONICA BELLUCCI

A COMMISSIONED PAINTING OF A CHAPEL IN MOSTAR: ACRYLICS ON CANVAS- TRAVEL WITH MY ART #36

THE LATHE OF HEAVEN BY URSULA K. LE GUIN (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION )

EUGENE ONEGIN, A VERSE NOVEL BY A. PUSHKIN (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION: ROADSIDE PICNIC BY ARKADY AND BORIS STRUGATSKY

VISIT STJEPAN'S FORTRESS IN LJUBUŠKI (HERZEGOVINA) WITH ME!

THE WONDERFUL WIZARD OF OZ BY L.FRANK BAUM (BOOK REVIEW)

HAPPY INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY- 15 READING RECOMMENDATIONS!