I tu je kraj (ogled knjige)....And Here It Ends (book review)

This book is actually a collection of essays written by Croatian writer Ivan Aralica. I picked up this book by chance and I'm happy I did. I always find good book deals at Mostar annual fair. Holding a book in my hand is still a pleasure for me and it is a pleasure I'm not ready to part with. Althought I do read ebooks as well, this kind of reading is my favourite kind. I'm very reasonable when it comes to purchasing just about anything but  books are my great weakness. I always find excuses for buying new ones.  Moreover, I think it is important to support writers by buying their books.  

Ova knjiga je zapravo skup eseja Ivana Aralice. Knjigu sam pokupila sasvim slučajno i drago mi je što jesam.  Uvijek pronađem povoljne knjige na mostarskom sajmu. Držati knjigu u ruci za mene je još uvijek zadovoljstvo i nisam se spremna odreći toga zadovoljstva. Čitam ja i eknjige, ali ovaj način čitanja mi je najdraži.  Jako sam razumna kada je kupnja bilo čega u pitanju, ali knjige su moja velika slabost. Uvijek nalazim izlike za kupnju novih.  Osim toga mislim da je važno kupovati knjige i tako dati potporu piscima.






Now, I will say a few words about this book. It shed a new light on this writer, whom prior to reading this book, I have known only as a novelist. This book consists of two parts. The first part of this book consists of political essays and the second part consists of  writer's comments on his own literary work. It is well written and it is very interesting. I enjoyed reading it, so I do recommend it. I'm pretty sure it hasn't been translated to English (and other languages), but I'm sure some of his novels were, so if you happen to see his name in your local library, don't forget to take the book and thank me later. 

Sada ću reći par riječi o ovoj knjizi. Otkrila mi je ovog pisca (kojeg sam dosada poznavala samo kao romanopisca) u novom svijetlu. Ova knjiga se sastoji  od dva dijela. Prvi dio knjige su politički eseji, a drugi dio su komentari samog pisca na njegov literarni rad.  Dobro je napisana i jako je zanimljiva. Uživala sam čitajući je i zato sam je uvrstila u svoje preporuke. Prilično sam sigurna da nije prevedena na engleski (ili druge jezike), ali sam sigurna da neki od njegov romana jesu, tako da bi preporučila onima koji ne čitaju na hrvatskom (mada oni vjerojatno i ne čitaju ovaj dio teksta) da ga potraže u svojoj knjižnici.






There is no particular reason for including this cat in this post, other than the fact I love him ( I will have to use  a 'he' pronoun despite the fact that it is against the rules of the English grammar). While I was taking a close up of the book cover, he decided to photobomb, so I had to snap a few photographs of him. I know I'm not the only cat lover, so I'm sure you won't mind. He is not my cat but he is not exactly a stray cat either. There is a family in my neighbourhood that takes care of him but he also likes to hang out around my house and eat my Italian food. God knows I always wanted a cat that resembles Garfield and this one eats my lasagne like his life depends on it. He is also a suprisignly good hunter for his size. I actually saw him catch a mice and it is remarkable how quick he is, it is like all that additional weight doesn't bother him at all. I found out that he has his own facebook page but I forgot what this cat's name is...If anyone is wondering, I call him monster.

Nema neki poseban razlog za uključivanje ovog mačka u ovu objavu, osim toga što ga volim. Dok sam slikala naslovnicu knjige, odlučio je uskočiti u pozadinu, pa sam morala uslikati par njegovih slika. Znam da nisam jedini ljubitelj mačaka, pa znam da vam neće smetati. Nije moj mačak, ali nije baš ni lutalica. U mom susjedstvu postoji obitelj koja se brine za njega, ali on voli provoditi vrijeme i oko moje kuće i jesti moje talijanske specijalitete. Bog zna da sam uvijek željela mačka koji sliči Garfieldu, a ovaj jede moje lazanje kao da mu život ovisi o time. Također je i iznenađujuće dobar lovac za svoju veličinu. Vidjela sam ga kako hvata miša i nevjerojatno je kako je brz, kao da mu dodatna kilaža uopće ne smeta. Saznala sam da ima i svoju facebook stranicu, ali zaboravila sam kako mu je ime...ako ikoga zanima, ja ga zovem čudovište.






Time to end this long cat digression and conclude this post. This book review ended up being pretty short. I do like everything about this book even the cover. Somehow this cover seems perfect for this book. It was a great read and I'm happy it is a part of my library collection.  It is amazing how some writers are good at everything. I used to think every writer must have a strong point, but it isn't so. George Orwell was both a brilliant novelist and a brilliant essayist and so is Aralica.

Dobro, došao je i kraj toj dugoj digresiji o mačku i vrijeme da zaključim ovu objavu. Ovaj ogled knjige je ispao dosta kratak. Zaista mi se sviđa sve u vezi ove knjige, pa čak i korice. Nekako su ove korice idealne za ovu knjigu. Bila je odlična za čitanje i sretna sam što je imam u svojoj kolekciji knjiga. Stvarno je zapanjujuće kako su neki pisci dobri u svemu. Nekada sam vjerovala da svaki pisac ima nešto u čemu je najbolji, ali nije tako. George Orwell je bio i fantastičan pisac i esejist, a to  je slučaj i Aralicom.

beanie/ kapa: gift, poklon
turtleneck/ dolčevita: no name, nije markirana
long cardigan/ dugi karigan: no name, nije markiran
faux leather coat/ kaput od eko kože: vintage
leggings/ tajice: New Yorker
booties/ čizmice: Peko
bag/torba: no name, nije markirana
knjiga/ book: publisher, nakladik: Znanje, Zagreb; 1999.

Comments

  1. coat <3

    ________________________
    blog.justynapolska.com
    MODA & MAKEUP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ivana, you look so cool today. Love the leggings, the coat....well actually I love everything. Beautiful pics, thx for sharing. Happy Sunday.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hvala ti na preporuci.Ja okrenem knjizaru i tesko se nalaze dobri autori.Pusa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. da, danas ima dosta predvidljivih romana, zato je važno kupovati kvalitetne autore.

      Delete
  4. It's cool when writers venture outside their usual genres and it's good that you enjoyed the book. I currently read books both digitally and in traditional book form and I have to agree that holding an actual bound book is a real pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's cool when writers venture outside their usual genres and it's good that you enjoyed the book. I currently read books both digitally and in traditional book form and I have to agree that holding an actual bound book is a real pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great photos!

    www.bstylevoyage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes to writers supporting other writers! We understand the hard yards it takes to create pieces be it fictional or not. I love your enthusiasm and passion for it and I wouldn't mind reading this one either, though I do doubt I'll find a printed copy in my library sadly.

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you dear...we must support each other.

      Delete
  8. Monster looks like a star for sure. What a cool kitty. My favorite author, Lewis Grizzard, wrote mostly in essays, short ones; at least when he was not writing about his youth. He died several years ago in his 50s and I miss him so.

    All Things Bright and Lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what it is like! so sad to see the great ones go.

      Delete
  9. Great outfit! :)

    Sonya Thaniya
    read my new post on :
    http://sonya-thaniya.blogspot.co.id/2016/01/milky-chocolate.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sembra interessante il libro, così come lo è il tuo look... bello il tocco dei collant fantasia e del cappello rosso!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    My Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute u look in that beanie!
    Thestyletune.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohn darling, thanks a lot :D I really love your comments :')

    You look so pretty :D I really like this brown shades :D

    NEW TIPS POST | Agenda Parfois: Make It Happen Now
    InstagramFacebook Oficial PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look so gorgeous, nice hat!
    Have a nice day!

    Stay in Style
    Karen @ Lookbook Store Blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love to read too and glad that you enjoy the book! Love your outfit too and that cat is adorable.

    Prudence
    www.prudencepetitestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute and comfy look. I really love the coat. Have a great week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty with the beret!!
    xoxo
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/donkeycool-4487669/

    ReplyDelete
  17. So lovely!! Gorgeous hat...Happy Monday doll xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morat ću si potražiti ovu knjigu, čim se vratim s puta i normaliziram obaveze.
    A ova priča o mačku me tako podsjeća na situaciju koju i sama imam sa susjedovom. Obožava sunčanje na mom balkonu pa se šalimo da dijelimo skrbništvo. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hvala:) da mace su nešto posebno, mislim da i nemaju vlasnika u pravom smislu riječi.

      Delete
  19. Nice shots. I love reading and winter with its long nights is the perfect time to indulge in good books.
    The tabby cat is so cute and looks like my little princess.
    You look very edgy in this outfit :)

    Lu | www.balgarka.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great outfit! :) I love your blog! :)
    Would you like to follow each other? just let me know :)

    Sonya Thaniya
    read my new post here :
    http://sonya-thaniya.blogspot.co.id/2016/01/milky-chocolate.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. Delimo isto mišljenje o knjigama, a i o mačkama :) Mislim da se nikada neću odreći pravih knjiga jer je sve ostalo tek blaga kopija. Knjige su jedna od prvih stvari na koju bih potrošila novac, a taj osećaj knjige u rukama mi je jedan od najdražih otkad znam za sebe :) Kao i uvek, uživam u tvojim ogledima i često saznam za nešto za šta možda ne bih ovako. Slažem se i za korice. Iako je možda besmisleno, nekako i taj deo ima svoj doprinos. Mnogo mi je slatka priča o mački, a ti izgledaš predivno sa tom crvenom kapicom. Divan, divan post <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. da, dobro dizajnirane korice je uvijek lijepo vidjeti.

      Delete
  22. Love this!


    ** I'm inviting you to join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!


    NEW POST: Ever Bilena Advance Blush and Bronzer Duo Palette Review and Swatches

    ReplyDelete
  23. the first photo is amazing!

    www.juliesecret.by

    ReplyDelete
  24. That book sounds unique and nothing like what I have ever read before, Ivana. I could imagine how interesting it would be to read the author's comments on his own work. And haha at the cat eating lasagne! It's so cute!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks...yes, it can be really interesting to read an author's comment on his own work.

      Delete
  25. Mi piace molto il berretto che hai messo cara! ^-^
    Ahaha che carino il gatto! :)
    Un bacione :*
    www.milleunrossetto.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  26. Glad you enjoyed it! I love reading but hate when the book is over for some reason I don't know why haha. Cute cat!

    ARedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
  27. Dear Ivana!
    Concerning reading, I am a little bit conservative. I love to read a real book and do not have an e-reader til now. Ivan Aralica seems to be a very interesting writer. At least one of his novel is translatet even in German!

    Once again, your look is beautiful. The coat, combined with the colourful leggings and the booties is very cool!

    xxxxx Nadine

    http://nadinecd.blogspot.co.at

    ReplyDelete
  28. Anche io amo sia i libri che i gatti, quindi ho apprezzato moltissimo questo post!:)
    E anche a me piacce di più leggere i libri di carta, ormai per questioni di praticità compro praticamente solo ebook!
    Baci!
    S
    http://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ivana, there's always a good reason to add a pic of cats! Love your pictures, and the berry hue coat and beret! Have a great week, dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, it is always good to add photos of cats!

      Delete
  30. Ivana, there's always a good reason to add a pic of cats! Love your pictures, and the berry hue coat and beret! Have a great week, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I enjoy reading books, and actually read both audio books, and digital, but always prefer print and having the book in my hand.
    Wondefully layered winter look! Wishing you a great new week.x
    Retro Winter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried listening to audio books and generally I enjoy it but I never listened to an entire book, usually eventually I just finish it in an old fashion way.

      Delete
  32. You look great dear!

    http://helderschicplace.blogspot.com/2016/01/bugs-bunny.html

    ReplyDelete
  33. Isn't it always nice to find a good read? You red beret pops do beautifully. Great coat by the way!

    http://www.thefashionstirfry.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. so awesome pictures, I love your long coat - awesome

    ReplyDelete
  35. I ja vise volim citati knjige na staromodni način nego putem interneta. Nekako je to bas gust uz solju kafe ili caja :-) Slatko si obucena, kapica je dala posebnu draz.
    Pusica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ništa bolje nego čitati uz šalicu kave ili čaja!!!

      Delete
  36. It was really interesting to read your opinion on this book Ivana and it sounds like an interesting read.
    I always refer to my cat as "him" and not "it" as English grammar teaches us as I think "it" is for not live objects and not pets))
    Loving your look!

    Tanya
    www.StripesNVibes.com
    BlogLovin

    ReplyDelete
  37. Dear Ivana, for me it is absolutely the same: I prefer to have a really book in my hands and not really a fan of electronic books although I have an e-reader :) I understand your love for books so much and what you wrote about "Monster" makes me smile as we have also a new cat in our family who came due to "his" own decision to us. We gave "him" the name "Kater Karlo" (= "Tomcat Karlo") and "he" feel obviously now very homelike in our house. At the moment on the sofa lies our cat "Leyla" and on the armchair "Kater Karlo". Both seem to have a very good sleep :)

    I love you in your look! The beanie is fantastic and also your coat. And the shoes you have chosen are the perfect match.

    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    International Time-Related Giveaway: Bad News and More
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so cute! I'm sure that Kater Karlo is absolutely adorable:)

      Delete
  38. You look fantastic dear !! I love your coat - its so stylish and retro <3 You look so diferent. Beautiful pictures.. sweet cat :)

    Lovely evening dear
    kisses
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  39. Sounds like an interesting read! You look great, btw!

    Florals&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  40. great outfit and the cat is so cute!

    http://sartorialwackoe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  41. beautiful cat!!
    it is similar to mine!

    www.fashi0n-m0de.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  42. Absolutely, my dear :D
    Thanks a lot :D

    As I said, you look so pretty <3

    NEW WISHES POST | Sales Wishlist
    InstagramFacebook Oficial PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  43. Odakle da uopste pocnem sa ovim tvojom postom,od odlicnog posta,outfita,knjige do fotografija,stvarno svaka cast!!

    mystylishcorner.blogspot.ba

    ReplyDelete
  44. Nisam čitala pa ne mogu reći iako nimalo ne sumnjam u tvoj sud jer vjerujem da izvanredno poznaješ književnost i "dobru knjigu" :) Slažem se da ništa ne može zamijeniti onaj feeling knjige u ruci te koliko god nam je tehnologija napredovala te imamo i e-knjige, meni su ove stare uvijek broj jedan!

    ReplyDelete
  45. I'm not sure if I'd enjoy political essays! I wish I had more tolerance for non-fiction! Loving your beautiful leather coat and I have a similar beret to yours!x

    ReplyDelete
  46. nice to see your leggings again...by the way, is that grumpy cat...:-)

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

Jadrolinija ferry ride, travelling from Split to island Hvar (outfit post)

10 STYLE LESSONS LEARNED FROM MALENA/ MONICA BELLUCCI

THE LATHE OF HEAVEN BY URSULA K. LE GUIN (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION )

A COMMISSIONED PAINTING OF A CHAPEL IN MOSTAR: ACRYLICS ON CANVAS- TRAVEL WITH MY ART #36

EUGENE ONEGIN, A VERSE NOVEL BY A. PUSHKIN (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION: ROADSIDE PICNIC BY ARKADY AND BORIS STRUGATSKY

VISIT STJEPAN'S FORTRESS IN LJUBUŠKI (HERZEGOVINA) WITH ME!

THE WONDERFUL WIZARD OF OZ BY L.FRANK BAUM (BOOK REVIEW)

HAPPY INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY- 15 READING RECOMMENDATIONS!