Summer in the city (illustration)/ Ljeto u gradu (ilustracija)

pen, water colours, coffee on paper






The summer officially started at about 7 am this morning. The illustrations shows what I see as a quintessential  summer outfit. Summer is meant for relaxation and enjoyment. No tight clothes or uncomfortable shoes...plenty of colour and accessories to keep it interesting and there it is...an outfit I would gladly wear in the summer (consisting of pink wedges, orange baggy shorts, red top, yellow bracelets, dark necklaces and pink oversize bag).

I didn't use to spend my summer in the city. For most of my childhood and adult life, I have spend them on the island Hvar. It is only in recent years that I have been spending them in the city (or two cities to be precise, Mostar and Split). I don't think I will mind being in the city. I just hope I'll get a chance to relax this summer. I do feel that I really need it.

Ljeto je službeno počelo jutros malo prije sedam. Ilustracija prikazuje što vidim kao esencijalnu ljetnu odjevnu kombinaciju. Nema uske odjeće ni neudobnih cipela. Ljeto je za uživanje i opuštanje. Dovoljno boje i modnih dodataka da bude zanimljivo...i eto kombinacije koju bih rado nosila ljeti ( a sastoji se od rozih cipela sa punom petom, narančastih širokih kratkih hlača, crvenog topića, žutih narukvica, tamnih ogrlica i velike roze torbe)

Nisam uobičavala provoditi ljeta u gradu. Većinu djetinstva i odraslog života provela sam ih na Hvaru. Tek zadnjih godina sam u gradu (ili bolje rečeno gradovima jer sam u Mostaru i Splitu) preko ljeta. Mislim da mi to neće smetati. Samo se nadam da ću imati priliku opustiti se ovog ljeta. Osjećam da mi stvarno to treba.

Comments

  1. Ja sam čitavo djetinjstvo provela na Jelsi i svako ljeto se tih dana s nostalgijom prisjećam :) I slažem se što se tiče odjevnih kombinacija, nema neudobne ni uske odjeće, kod mene su samo haljinice i one prozračne hlače kao od pidžame :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ja sam na Hvaru najviše bila kod bake u Gdinju tj. u jednoj maloj uvali, ali bila sam i u Jelsi često ljeti (tamo mi ujak živi), baš je divan mali gradić:)

      Delete
  2. Jeeeej ljeto :) Da, nema ljepseg od prozracnih materijala koji leprsaju oko tebe ;) odlicna ilustracija ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I konačno leto :) Mada ovde deluje da će stići kasnije... Super je crtež, dok sam ga gledala baš sam i ja pomislila kako bih nosila tu kombinaciju, slažem se za boje, volim ih uvek ali leti najviše, i naravno udobnost uvek.
    Meni je ovo leto drugo koje provodim u gradu na moru, ranije dok sam živela u Beogradu tako nešto mi je delovalo kao čist luksuz, a ustari i jeste samo kako je more uvek tu onda nekad zaboravim da mu pridam značaj koji ima, kako to već obično bude...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. da, ja isto tek sad vidim koliko mi more fali i znači:)

      Delete
  4. I have no idea how people manage to spend all their summer in the city, when I was a child I was living at summer house all the summer, even now each of my days off I'm trying to run away from the dusty city and spend some time in the countryside.
    By the way, that sketch is very sweet and creative, I love that you are not only drawing the outfit, but the back ground. Keep it up!
    Wishing you an amazing weekend, Ivana!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post...Thx for sharing..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this one, nice colours :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are very nice illustrations. The outfit in question is great. I can imagine someone putting together this outfit and looking great for a day in the city. Well done!

    johnbmarine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Make it happen! relaxation and fun times at summer. I do like the idea of an island too. Nice illustration dear. If you don't mind me asking where exactly do you live? I mean not your address :)) Not stalking you, i promise.

    http://www.thefashionstirfry.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I got married I moved to Mostar (Bosnia and Herzegovina) but I still come to Croatia quite often (and most often in my home town Split). So, I sort of live between these two places.

      Delete
  9. Wow, these are great illustrations. I only wish that I could draw this well. I'd definitely wear those orange baggy shorts!

    artistikcreation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you dear:) I'm sure you would look great wearing them:)

      Delete
  10. Molto belle queste illustrazioni!
    Alessia
    THECHILICOOL
    FACEBOOK
    Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  11. Che brava, mi piace molto l'idea di mettere la citta' dietro!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jako lijepa ilustracija i super odabir boja.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Volim ovakve ilustracije i igre akvarelom. Što se tiče kombinacije, meni je to previše gole kože (i ruke i noge i stomak), ali pretpsotavljam da vrelo leto i more dopuštaju sve :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. da, ljeti sve prolazi....ja inače nisam od oskudnog odjevanja, ali ljeti se opustim.

      Delete
  14. Your illustration is very pretty, I love the color you choose. Kisses :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. These illustrations are super cute! Thanks so much for your sweet comment :)

    House of Illusions

    ReplyDelete
  16. super izgleda ! Samo naprijed ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

Jadrolinija ferry ride, travelling from Split to island Hvar (outfit post)

10 STYLE LESSONS LEARNED FROM MALENA/ MONICA BELLUCCI

A COMMISSIONED PAINTING OF A CHAPEL IN MOSTAR: ACRYLICS ON CANVAS- TRAVEL WITH MY ART #36

THE LATHE OF HEAVEN BY URSULA K. LE GUIN (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION )

EUGENE ONEGIN, A VERSE NOVEL BY A. PUSHKIN (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION: ROADSIDE PICNIC BY ARKADY AND BORIS STRUGATSKY

VISIT STJEPAN'S FORTRESS IN LJUBUŠKI (HERZEGOVINA) WITH ME!

THE WONDERFUL WIZARD OF OZ BY L.FRANK BAUM (BOOK REVIEW)

HAPPY INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY- 15 READING RECOMMENDATIONS!